Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1979 Ford Bronco: I just purchased this thing last fall. I really don't want to sell but lets just say it's a wife thing. I did get her down to possibly trading it for an early 90's 5.0 mustang though of similar value. I had one once and she actually liked it. I think it was the speed thing. Ok...It's a '79...about 1.5 years ago it got a rebuilt 351M ( 2K miles now), clutch/pressure plate (yes it has the T18 with granny low)! The guy who did the work installed a new radiator and starter as well at that time. This truck also does have working factory air conditioning! You wont find that in many trucks this age. He put on new rear quarters, rockers, skinned the bottoms of the doors, a new tailgate (rear window works fine) and painted it white. He also put in a new rubber floor and welded in a new drivers floor. This was a basic bronco that was ordered with air and side trim. He put 4" coils up front and an add a leaf in the back. It has brand new 32" mud tires (perfect tread) and aluminum wheels. It was an amateur paint job but it looks good. The only bondo is one the doors where he replaced/welded in the lower part that always rusts. I think he said there was one spot also at the rear bottom of front drivers quarter. I just put brand new duals on it (2 1/4" aluminized pipe all the way to the back with 40 series flow masters) from the manifolds back. I had them tuck it up in the back and then turn it down at the corners...looks and sounds good. I have about $4000 in it total and really just want what I have in it. I think that is a fair price for what has been done to it. If you bought a rusty one with high miles you'd end up with that in it by the time you did all that work. The axles are still stock. With a locker or two and larger tires this thing would probably go about anywhere. It's basically a rust free truck with the new panels and paint. Instead of replying to this post just send me email if interested. I only get on here every few days or so. I'm in Central Missouri in a small town off of I70. My email address is: [email protected] I think I have some pics up in my garage and I can send more out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts