Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bracket is supposed to have a long stud going to he head to reduce vibrations, and I can't find it online anywhere. Just wondered if someone had the same engine, and could look at it for me. I'll try to post a pic.
Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The small hole on the left in first pic almost lines up with a hole in the head, but 9/16 bolt is too small, and 5/8 is too big for the head.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,591 Posts
The small hole on the left in first pic almost lines up with a hole in the head, but 9/16 bolt is too small, and 5/8 is too big for the head.
I would guess its metric then. You could buy a new bolt (or all-thread) and nut and make your own. I would also assume there is supposed to be a spacer in there. All the PS pumps ive messed with from that era had one.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Is this it? Right underneath the a/c fitting. 9/16” wrench fits bolt head.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes thats it, looks like I need the insert that goes in the head that the bolt screws in, and also the spacer, and bolt.
Thank you, now to try to find it, might have to go to junk yard.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,591 Posts
I found some thermactor inserts for Ford heads here.
Those are for the holes in the exhaust runners in the head, not what you want.

At least for temporarily, take a bolt small enough to go in the head hole and slide it in through the bracket. Put two nuts on the threads. Run the first up so it clamps the bracket between it and the head of the bolt. Then run the second nut down the threads so it puts slight tension on the cylinder head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts