Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine gave me a 1982 Bronco in trade for working a couple days. It had quit running and he didn't know how to fix it. He said a mechanic told him the timing had jumped and it needed a new timing set. He didn't know how to do it so I took on the challenge. I only say that because my engine experience is 99% Chevy. I know that is a dirty word here but what can I say. Anyhow, I did some research and should have done the first thing I read first. I did change the timing set and the chain was very stretched although it was not out of time and I could not get it running before but had same result after timing set was installed. So I go back to research and will tell you with pre quit symptoms I found a thread here that pointed to lack of fuel. I did not put much stock in that since the fuel pump was new. To get to the point, if you have a no start problem stumping you and fuel pump is new check the line from the tank to pump because a pin hole in the line will starve fuel from a little to totally. Anyway I got an 82 Bronco on 33's with a new timing set and fuel line for $45 and 12 hours labor. Guess I am a Ford guy now.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
yup, has to be a timing problem. Guy was probably a Chevy mechanic and couldn't find the dizzy on the front of the engine. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are probably right since I am a Chevy guy in a sence. I raced for years and could do most anything on a 350 with my eyes closed but I thought somebody put the bronco motor in backwards. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts