Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up an 82 bronco it was a gift comes with 351W ive never owned a ford, but im excited about this one ive asked araound if its worth the keep and so far i like i hear, i got it without a clutch i ordered it through pcenter.com just got it today maybe start working on it this weekend. the truck cranks and dosent sound sick (meaning in bad shape) after it being in a back yard for about 5years. i need to get it running so i can see what other little things i might have to deal with but, for now im just wanna get it running..... you guys have any sugg. on what i should do or what things too look for?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/ozzy_56/100_0917.jpg

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Nice! Gotta love a handshaker bronco!

What engine? Who's '96-'97 is in the pic?

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
319 Posts
someone needs to change that thread heading!!!! are you calling me sleazy!

5 years, typical goodies (new gas, (filter), oil change), maybe plugs wires, go from there

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Ozzy_82 said:
just picked up an 82 bronco it was a gift comes with 351W ive never owned a ford, but im excited about this one ive asked araound if its worth the keep and so far i like i hear, i got it without a clutch i ordered it through pcenter.com just got it today maybe start working on it this weekend. the truck cranks and dosent sound sick (meaning in bad shape) after it being in a back yard for about 5years. i need to get it running so i can see what other little things i might have to deal with but, for now im just wanna get it running..... you guys have any sugg. on what i should do or what things too look for?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/ozzy_56/100_0917.jpg
Make sure you drain whatever fuel you can from the tank and the entire system for that matter......all the old fuel will be bad. Then put 5 or 10 gallons of fresh gas with some fuel line conditioner in it.......you want something that will get rid of water in the fuel. You also want something that will clean the throttle body and intake runners up a bit, so I would suggest running a can of Sea Foam through the large vacuum line on the brake booster. You could also douche out the throttle body with some cleaner for that, and remove the IAC and clean that up while your at it.
Get yourself a new battery with a min of 800 CCA, and make sure all the connections are clean and tight. After you get her running you may want to do a major tune-up on the engine......cap and rotor, plug wires and plugs, new air filter, fuel filter, change the oil (after you clean the intake and TB) and filter. Change the fluid in the transfer case, and both diffs. Flush the cooling system. Do a trans service on it.

Oh and spend hours at this forum reading and searching for answers.....get yourself a Haynes manual and a Ford service CD (steve83 has them I think). Get a code reader, or learn how to check the codes with a very simple tool.

·
Registered
261 Posts
adrianspeeder said:
Nice! Gotta love a handshaker bronco!

What engine? Who's '96-'97 is in the pic?

Adrianspeeder
Damn what was there limited edition production in '97 that i never herad of:twak sorry man had to bust on you.

anywho welcome to the site, nice bronco

1 - 13 of 13 Posts