Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting water on the air cleaner after a rain and the hood/cowl weatherstip is trash. curious if anyone has made their own with a piece of soft hose or anything. If not, any suggestions on the least expensive place to get a replacement? i just want the bronco functional----not going for any beauty/original awards. thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
getting water on the air cleaner after a rain and the hood/cowl weatherstip is trash. curious if anyone has made their own with a piece of soft hose or anything. If not, any suggestions on the least expensive place to get a replacement? i just want the bronco functional----not going for any beauty/original awards. thanks for any suggestions.

Just replaced mine with a new one from LMC - they're about $39. On inspection, you could easily make one with a long thin piece of sheet metal, some folded over inner tube (from a bicycle) or even thin auto weather stripping if you could find a place that sells the right size per foot. If you want, I'll measure mine to give you dimensions - just PM me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great idea......i still have the old one, so i might can use it as a template. i am on a budget so $39 + shipping just seems a waste as i have several other problems that are more urgent.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
neat idea-----have not even thought of that. on the junkyard subject, is it possible to adapt any late model door panels to my 82 model? I am not talking about a perfect fit....but something that might be an improvement on broken panels and cheaper that buying new ones. also thinking of trying trying to grab some bucket seats at the same time.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Click my black Bronco in my sig, & look in the Doors album. :deal There are plenty of threads about door panels, so do some searching & reading.
Your Bronco reminds me of an old Johnny Cash song...

I got it one piece at a time...and it didn't cost me a dime...:rockon

God I love this site...LOTS of cheap bastids like me.:beer

down here in the desert, mine gave up the ghost and I haven't really been that motivated to replace it. just gives the dust one more place to settle :toothless

Cheers

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts