Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my Bronco. The horn works, but only when the steering wheel is locked. It is visible that it is shorting through the actual steering lock pin (as I can see a spark when it reconnects when I am pressing the horn) Also, the cruise control is not working (that I know of. I dont know how to set it in the first place). On this year, you can see the steering lock pin through the top of the column right where the gap is. My question is, what will I have to fix/replace in order to fix the shorting horn through the pin?

·
Registered
1996 bronco, 351w, E4od
230 Posts
Might be totally unrelated but in my 1996 bronco I disconnected by cruse control box and for some reason the horn runs through those circuits and wont work with it not hooked up. I would start with trying to get a picture of where the issue is as it would make determining the issue much easier. In the mean time i would try to sure up the connections that are sparking sounds like something came loose and is grounding in the steering column.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I did a quick search for
replace clock spring bronco

and came up with a number of videos
Here is one... I didn't watch it

here is another

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I did a quick search for
replace clock spring bronco

Here is another that I didn't watch:

If they show how to take the wheel apart you should be able to see where your short is occurring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts