Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 83' tonight with supposed 82K. Has some manageable non structural rust, new alternator, battery shocks, brakes, Holley carb, gas tank, fuel sender, 4 wheel drive works as does most items with the exception of the temp gauge and tach.

I am picking up a MIG in a few weeks and will address the rot. My main focus is getting the temp gauge working, perform a compression test, work my way through the other non working components. Then on to the body.

I'd will take it back original with the A/C, paint etc. I do not have the time or space to do a frame off, maybe one day in the future.

I let him keep the off brand wench for a $500 discount, I'll get far more use out of new tires for now. I do have the custom bumper and he will bring me the stock unit in a few weeks.

Overall, not bad for a running, functional Bronco for $2K. Now the joy of undoing the two previous owners bandages.

Glad to have this resource and all the aftermarket support to keep it on the road.

These are the sellers photos, I will document and get more detailed shots post over the coming days.

Spence

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced temp sensor, got the gauge working, all that is left is tach, but that's for another day. I figured out the wipers, Hi, low, intermittent. Seems the arms could use some lubricating.

How long after you join before you're allowed to post in Tech threads etc?

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice! Are you planning on restoring the interior and all?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, back to original with a little patina. Trying to decode what came on this truck, where can I locate this information? The VIN decoder didn't yield much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts