Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 Bronco w/ 393 Windsor but this question is regarding an 84 F150 w/ 351HO Windsor in it. A lot of the emissions stuff under the hood was junk/bypassed making repairs difficult in getting it running again. As it has a vacuum operated heat riser attached to the bottom of the drivers side exhaust manifold I need to determine if it is normally open or closed with/without vacuum. Any of you guys know if vacuum applied would either open or close it?. I didn't want to take a chance dropping the exhaust crossover to look up inside and possibly breaking one of the studs. This thing also had the vacuum operated block-off door in the exhaust crossover under the carb linkage in the intake manifold but the door has long since corroded off of the pivot shaft. Using a mityvac the vacuum can and linkage on the exhaust manifold heat riser work fine,,, so I need to determine if it is normally open or do I need to run a vacuum line from the firewall tree w/a 1 way valve so it always has high vac applied. Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts