Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently purchased a 1984 Bronco with a rebuilt 302 (30 over bore) and rebuilt C6 Transmission (Paperwork Included) with a new RV camshaft. I well knew that this vehicle is going to take time and money that I'm willing to invest to get it road worthy here in California. I want this to be a life long hobby and know that I'll need to dedicate time to get more educated to do so. Any help would be appreciated to help direct my time and attention where its needed most.

Q1 - Where can I find technical diagrams and instructions? I have the Haynes manual but it does not give part numbers and covered Ford Light Trucks from 1980 to 1997. I need something more specific to this years specs for me to use. This is important since I need to get the vehicle back to factory emissions standards.

Q2 - Interior parts are hard to find since Ford abandoned remanufacturing these parts. Anyone know where I can find the bolt covers for the canopy and rear side panels? I've been watching eBay daily and grabbing what I can for now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
196 Posts
As far as service manuals go, the best bet is to keep an eye on ebay (and maybe CL) for a complete set of factory manuals. Beware people selling reprints, sometimes they are pretty low quality. In a pinch the manuals from an '83 or '85 will work, but if you're trying to completely restore it to factory spec, stick with the same year.
For interior stuff there's not much in the way of aftermarket stuff that is worth a crap. Ebay and wrecking yards, and CL - and a whole dose of patience.

Reactions: AndrewJames

·
Super Moderator
26,984 Posts
Yo Andrew,
Welcome to our site!
Try this for 1984 Bronco EVTM, Emissions, Body/Chassis, Engine and Pre-Delivery Manuals @ Bronco
Scroll down to "or continue to website" and click.
Suggest downloading all.

Here is the partial Bronco 1984 EVTM by Ford via Gary

1984 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Ford via Gary @ 1984 Bronco

1984 Owner Guide by Ford via Gary

1984 Ford Light Trucks Brochure by Ford via Gary @ 1984 Ford Trucks

1984 Light Truck Data Book by Ford via Gary

1984 Exterior Colors by Ford via Gary

Ford 1980-86 Pickup Fasteners by Ford via Gary

Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI - ???Gary's Garagemahal by Ford via Gary

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

Post any Broncos issues in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories where 50 posts are required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members too many times.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example: How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search and more tips!

➡ See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

Please find time to look at and Vote at our Full-Size of the Quarter & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Prizes are awarded to the winner!; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted. Also, a years worth of premium FSB membership.

Enjoy our site!
Al

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You can probably find an EVTM on ebay. I bought a repro CD of the shop manuals on RockAuto for like $25.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,063 Posts
Garys garagemahal website (as linked by miesk5) is the ultimate bull nose (80-86) info site.

Welcome to FSB btw!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to FSB and congrats on the 84! But, we need pics!

Keep an eye on FB Marketplace, I've seen some interior pieces there. I bought my front bumper, winch and ZF5 off there. Also got a free rear window off it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does run and starts right up. I noticed it was built for low end torque and the index is extremely rich. I'm not going to adjust much until I get the stock carburetor in but I feel a balanced carburetor will help a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yo Andrew,
Welcome to our site!
Try this for 1984 Bronco EVTM, Emissions, Body/Chassis, Engine and Pre-Delivery Manuals @ Bronco
Scroll down to "or continue to website" and click.
Suggest downloading all.

Here is the partial Bronco 1984 EVTM by Ford via Gary

1984 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Ford via Gary @ 1984 Bronco

1984 Owner Guide by Ford via Gary

1984 Ford Light Trucks Brochure by Ford via Gary @ 1984 Ford Trucks

1984 Light Truck Data Book by Ford via Gary

1984 Exterior Colors by Ford via Gary

Ford 1980-86 Pickup Fasteners by Ford via Gary

Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI - ???Gary's Garagemahal by Ford via Gary

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

Post any Broncos issues in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories where 50 posts are required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members too many times.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example: How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search and more tips!

➡ See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

Please find time to look at and Vote at our Full-Size of the Quarter & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Prizes are awarded to the winner!; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted. Also, a years worth of premium FSB membership.

Enjoy our site!
Al
HOLY .... Thank you for the information!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts