Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add this to the list of shhhtuff I feel like I shouldn’t need to worry about! Replacing my rear brake line/union w the rough country extended line. The new union is so thick the breather tube won’t thread through to the diff.

Has anyone run into this and is there a solution besides get a different brake line? I guess I could grind it down? But what the heck?! Pics below.

Oh, and that is the extent of my front and rear diff breather tubes. I guess I need to fix that at some point.:unsure:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Can you just find a longer barb? I can't remember the thread but I think it is straight thread. Be easier than grinding that fitting or attempting some counterbore on either end.

Cynic in me says RC probably sells an extended length barb for another $20.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you just find a longer barb? I can't remember the thread but I think it is straight thread. Be easier than grinding that fitting or attempting some counterbore on either end.

Cynic in me says RC probably sells an extended length barb for another $20.
Hey man! Yeah I was doing some google searches for extended differential breather but nothing yet unless I’m just not using the magic words.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,668 Posts
A local machine shop could take care of that in about 2 minutes...

Finding that bored stud with the cross bore in the right spot might be a challenge.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thinking about returning the RC and seeing if the Skyjacker is any thinner. Looks like it from the photos I see online. I checked to see if the locals had any of those breathers in stock so I could just go check length but no luck. Just annoying. I was ready to get that bad boy up there.

·
Registered
705 Posts
McMaster Carr is the bomb for finding oddball stuff of all shapes and sizes. Sometimes I use it just to figure out what something I need to find is called by the general populace.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
I imagine other vehicles had the same fitting but longer, maybe later model f series. I'd hit junkyards but I am a junkyard rat after all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
McMaster Carr is the bomb for finding oddball stuff of all shapes and sizes. Sometimes I use it just to figure out what something I need to find is called by the general populace.
ok that’s something I’ve never heard of!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I imagine other vehicles had the same fitting but longer, maybe later model f series. I'd hit junkyards but I am a junkyard rat after all.
I was wondering that too,or I thought maybe The one for the 8.8 is different or something. Who knows!

·
Super Moderator
25,299 Posts
Yo,
From my notes, Mario B wrote in a defunct Bronco web site, "...5/16 hose barb, I tapped the existing hole with a 1/8-27 NPT tap. Hopefully it does not hit on the bottom of the body... in a 9 nch..."

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yo,
From my notes, Mario B wrote in a defunct Bronco web site, "...5/16 hose barb, I tapped the existing hole with a 1/8-27 NPT tap. Hopefully it does not hit on the bottom of the body... in a 9 nch..."
Thank you, sir!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts