Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Bronco II, 1987 Dodge W-150, 1991 F-350 IDI
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup y'all I've picked up an 85' bronco II. I'm building it for an overland/off-road use. Anyways to the point I'm young and still have plenty to learn when it comes to mechanical issues. I'm trying to track down why the 4wd doesn't work. I believe it has something to do with the T-case and something else but not shur. The only gear you feel on the manual stick for 4wd is 2H and 4H I can't feel or lock into 4L and 4H is hard to find like really hard and does not line up with the diagram. Also my front driver-side hub locks on its own and there is a constant click from the front when the vehicle is in motion. Any and all help is appreciated
It's a 1985 BRONCO II XLT Manual 5 speeds and 4wd

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,294 Posts
This is a Fullsize Bronco forum, you will probably find more help at therangerstation, explorerforum, or broncocorral.

But I would start with the hubs, sounds like something is broken in there. They are super easy to change on a B2/Ranger. Just pull the wheel off and the hub should just fall off. From the factory there were locking washers on there, but I would bet they are long gone. I would just get junkyard hubs if you have a junkyard close by, I wouldn’t put money into good hubs for a Dana 28, if anyone even makes them anymore.

You are pushing to the side to get to 4 Low right? My 87 B2 pretty much slides right through all the t-case gears, there isn’t a very positive detent or anything. So I bet your t-case is fine

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
1978 460 c6
178 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm an advocate of owning multiple broncos cruise the craigslist finds section and you might find a good deal on a BIG bronco. 80s broncos are cheap but won't be forever the new bronco has gotten a lot of people back into the old bronco. Maybe if he puts half ton axles and engine under the baby bronco we can make him an honorary member? Just a thought

Bud

·
Super Moderator
5,167 Posts
It's not necessarily about being an honorary member. It's more that the Bronco II, aside from having the same name, is a very different platform than the FSB. Most people here will just be guessing when diagnosing, instead of having first hand experience. He'll get better help on those forums because people will be more familiar with the BII. (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts