Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Me and some friends just bought us a new toy to build and play with.

She's a 1985 Bronco XLT.

So what we have planned (subject to change with your help) 93+ roller cam ready 351w block. 427 stroker kit . As for axles, transfer case, gearing, transmission I'm not too sure. I'm thinking Detroit lockers up front and the rear or possibly air-lockers. I read that 1350 yokes are the best idk if that's true?

Primary use is a tow vehicle for quads, small boats, hunting/camping, medium off road use (typical Nevada desert and dunes). Not much city use.
Top speed isn't a priority. 70-80mph is fine so I figure I can have higher gears (or did I mix that up?) for a more fun ride.

We were thinking of going EFI w/ 89+ Mustang 5.0 EFI swap (direct bolt on EFI) for tuneabilty of different modes (city, hwy, tow, DUNE RUN!!!) and a increase in mpg even if its slight.

Money isn't that big of a deal as this is a group project between 4 people. But I am open to all ideas. If there's anything else you need to know just ask.

Ps. I will be doing all the work in my garage like I do the rest of my cars :]

·
Registered
147 Posts
long travel! you got desert alllll around you! dont waste it! solo motorsports/ camburg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts