Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done some searching but have not found a definitive answer. Trying to get a speaker size list together for my 85 XLT Bronco. The actual door holes measure 5 inches across with the speaker out but the screw holes in the speaker flange measure 6 1/8 ish. Not sure when I go to buy new speakers if the size listed on the box is hole or flange size. Anyone know the actual speaker sizes that will fit without modifying the holes? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I saw that thread when I did a search. It did not give factory speaker sizes and at the time the only post was yours, all on a 93 door. Didn't know if anyone had the exact sizes for dash, door and rear panel speakers for an 85. Are the speaker sizes universal from 80-96? I ask because that's is what your thread is titled. I do not think I have enough post to be able to make replies in that section of the forum yet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I usually check crutchfield for speaker sizes first, then go from there. Just try not to order too small, you can always space it or trim the hole a little if the speaker is too big.

Shows 6.5 front door and 6x8 or 6x9 in mid panel. May have to trim slightly in mid panel for 6x9? I fit 6x9 in my 89 mid panel without modification, came with 6x8. May be universal since that's the same as was listed for my 89,91,and previously owned 94...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I usually check crutchfield for speaker sizes first, then go from there. Just try not to order too small, you can always space it or trim the hole a little if the speaker is too big.

Shows 6.5 front door and 6x8 or 6x9 in mid panel. May have to trim slightly in mid panel for 6x9? I fit 6x9 in my 89 mid panel without modification, came with 6x8. May be universal since that's the same as was listed for my 89,91,and previously owned 94...
Thanks for the info. Any chance you could post a picture of your mid panel speakers installed? There are no speakers mid panel on mine. Just a square/rectangular hole with no cover or anything. Someone pulled them out before I bought the vehicle. I tried to mount a 5x7 or 6x8 but the holes didn't match up. I would just like to see what it should look like finished if that makes sense.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The mid panel speakers attach to the grill, which then mounts to the body panel so the speakers won't fit unless you have the factory grilles.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have an 85 and can confirm the mid speakers attach to the grill, which then attach to the body. I also installed new door speakers and had to drill new holes FYI

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you'd post your door's measurements in that thread, we'd have more info to answer that question.
I posted the size of the holes in the doors in my first post here. I will try to post in that thread again but last time I tried to post in that forum it said I did not have permission/enough post to be allowed replying there. Do you need the measurement of the actual door or just the speaker hole measurement?

Side note I went with 6x9's for the mid panel yesterday. Had to do a little modifying but it worked out ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts