Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked multiple threads and couldn't find my answer. As stated, I have an '85 with a EFI 5.0. I bought a replacement tank with a 33 gallon capacity. My questions are this. Is this the stock size? and if not I'll need straps and a sender right? Any sources? Thanks folks and have a grand Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hard to say, I went through the same questions. I replaced the 33gal tank in my 86 about 2 weeks ago. My tank did not have straps it used the skid plate to hold it in place. I judged my tank size by a rough measurement before I removed it. From my research I found two different size sending unit holes, I believe that is determined by if you have fuel injection or not.
Dimensions
33gal --- 31 7/8 x 22 1/4 x 15 3/4
25gal ---31 7/8" x 22 1/4" x 12 3/4"

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just figured out the small hole in for injected and the larger hole is for carburated.
I question this, as the EFI has a return line and an in-tank pump. The carburated has no in-tank pump. It seems like the in-tank pump would require the larger tank opening. When I replaced my tank, I just measured mine and bought the tank that matched, but I forget which I had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts