Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my threads on the C2 pump were stripped so I Could not tighten the belt any. either replace with another C2, or finally do the saginaw swap. As I have a borrow car this week, we're doing the swap!

so, a few months ago I bought two different pumps and brackets from two members, figured I would use whatever was in best condition, sell the other. turns out they are different brackets on both even though both 'should' be the right one. whoda thunk it, right?

One bracket is too long, and the mounting holes to the adjustment plate are not on the same plane. This is the cast (aluminum?) bracket.
The other bracket is the stamped steel plate one, that goes around the back of the saginaw. Great! heard thats the prefferance as it prevents it from torqueing too much. Problem is is that it is way too narrow, and the spacing for the pulley is slightly off (2mm?). It does have a metal spacer piece, but that makes it way too dang long.

I am thinking that I need to use the second bracket, and just shorten that spacer to fit properly?

here are some pics

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
How much too long is the spacer on the steel bracket?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much too long is the spacer on the steel bracket?
about 3/4 of an inch or so. haven't taken a good measurement, I'll do that tonight after I get the pulled off the pump. gotta find someone with a bandsaw so I can cut it flush.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
about 3/4 of an inch or so. haven't taken a good measurement, I'll do that tonight after I get the pulled off the pump. gotta find someone with a bandsaw so I can cut it flush.
A large nut and washers would likely work as a spacer if need be.

How long is said spacer? I came across one in my bucket of hardware thats i think 2" long or so. I made one on my lathe for another member when i goofed and sent the wrong one for his BBF. I wonder if he got the one you needed. I could do the same for you if you want. No charge since you bought that from me

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A large nut and washers would likely work as a spacer if need be.

How long is said spacer? I came across one in my bucket of hardware thats i think 2" long or so. I made one on my lathe for another member when i goofed and sent the wrong one for his BBF. I wonder if he got the one you needed. I could do the same for you if you want. No charge since you bought that from me
nah, I think I just need to cut it, maybe it gives me an excuse to buy a band saw.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the way you think.
I opted not to get a band saw just yet, need to get the shop built first. gonna use a porta band to get it close, the na grinder to get it 'exact'

·
Registered
87XLT 5.0 C6
176 Posts
I opted not to get a band saw just yet, need to get the shop built first. gonna use a porta band to get it close, the na grinder to get it 'exact'
Good plan.

I was planning on a shop building last summer, then lumber prices went out of sight. Hoping they'll come down when the madness ends. Not willing to pay $38 for a single sheet of OSB.

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,008 Posts
I was the recipient of the short one. lol. @BigBlue 94 made me a longer spacer, complete with the makers mark.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,126 Posts
Reactions: Jimmy Dean

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, the mystery is solved!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good plan.

I was planning on a shop building last summer, then lumber prices went out of sight. Hoping they'll come down when the madness ends. Not willing to pay $38 for a single sheet of OSB.
unfort I cannot wait. but it does mean I will not be cladding in OSB, and I'll be doing the roof with perlings instead, which I have plenty of those laying around already.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,126 Posts
unfort I cannot wait. but it does mean I will not be cladding in OSB, and I'll be doing the roof with perlings instead, which I have plenty of those laying around already.
Ugh tell me about it. OSB is 41 bucks here. It was 8 when we started our shop. Still need about 30 sheets to finosh the inside. 40 bucks for wood chips and glue!? Highway robbery!

·
Registered
87XLT 5.0 C6
176 Posts
unfort I cannot wait
If you were to ask my wife I can't either; she wants all my junk out of sight!

I really do need to get moving on that, I bought a two post lift in the winter of 2019-2020 (a mechanic was closing down so it was a one-time deal) and planned to get the building up the next spring. We all know what happened next.

·
Registered
87XLT 5.0 C6
176 Posts
Ugh tell me about it. OSB is 41 bucks here. It was 8 when we started our shop. Still need about 30 sheets to finosh the inside. 40 bucks for wood chips and glue!? Highway robbery!
How bad dimensional lumber there? Here I'm looking at about $16 for an spf 2x6x10; I need a bunch of those. Trusses, forget it!

·
Addicted to Junk
15,126 Posts
Thats about what it is here. Friggin ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How bad dimensional lumber there? Here I'm looking at about $16 for an spf 2x6x10; I need a bunch of those. Trusses, forget it!
yeah, it is going to cost me an absolute fortune on 2x6s for floor and roof. not looking forward to that.

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,008 Posts
Well you could always sell your Bronco to pay for your shop...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well you could always sell your Bronco to pay for your shop...
I could, but I won't. I am going to sell the F-250 to pay for it instead, as soon as I can find this battery drain. And figure out the no hot start issue (it is not oil pressure, have replaced the entire high press oil system and it reaches 600 psi on a hot crank even when no start)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts