Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1986 351W w/ AC saginaw swap

1K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  Jimmy Dean 
#1 ·
ok, my threads on the C2 pump were stripped so I Could not tighten the belt any. either replace with another C2, or finally do the saginaw swap. As I have a borrow car this week, we're doing the swap!

so, a few months ago I bought two different pumps and brackets from two members, figured I would use whatever was in best condition, sell the other. turns out they are different brackets on both even though both 'should' be the right one. whoda thunk it, right?

One bracket is too long, and the mounting holes to the adjustment plate are not on the same plane. This is the cast (aluminum?) bracket.
The other bracket is the stamped steel plate one, that goes around the back of the saginaw. Great! heard thats the prefferance as it prevents it from torqueing too much. Problem is is that it is way too narrow, and the spacing for the pulley is slightly off (2mm?). It does have a metal spacer piece, but that makes it way too dang long.

I am thinking that I need to use the second bracket, and just shorten that spacer to fit properly?

here are some pics

See less See more
#3 ·
about 3/4 of an inch or so. haven't taken a good measurement, I'll do that tonight after I get the pulled off the pump. gotta find someone with a bandsaw so I can cut it flush.

#12 ·
Good plan.

I was planning on a shop building last summer, then lumber prices went out of sight. Hoping they'll come down when the madness ends. Not willing to pay $38 for a single sheet of OSB.
unfort I cannot wait. but it does mean I will not be cladding in OSB, and I'll be doing the roof with perlings instead, which I have plenty of those laying around already.

#13 ·
unfort I cannot wait. but it does mean I will not be cladding in OSB, and I'll be doing the roof with perlings instead, which I have plenty of those laying around already.
Ugh tell me about it. OSB is 41 bucks here. It was 8 when we started our shop. Still need about 30 sheets to finosh the inside. 40 bucks for wood chips and glue!? Highway robbery!

#9 ·
I was the recipient of the short one. lol. @BigBlue 94 made me a longer spacer, complete with the makers mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.