Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 Bronco with a 302 EFI. It has a 6" lift with 35 inch tires. It has no balls. When i get on the freeway i have to floor it to keep up with everyone else. Is this normal because of my lift and tire size? It is a brand new engine. Any help would be greatly appreciative.

·
Registered
212 Posts
re gearing would help a lot, but even stock tire and 5.0 your not gunna win many races there not race cars theres down sides to big tires.

you need to make sure everything is running as is should too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would double check your timing my distributor hold down loosened up and let the timing retard itself it lost a stupid amount of power

·
Registered
79 Posts
search for GEARS GEARS GEARS

"35" tire, 3.55 gears, 110.0" circ, forward 31", about 22% more than stock. That means that your motor is working (and your clutch or torque converter) quite a bit harder to move your truck. That's why it dogs so bad."

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have tried 302 with 35" on 3.55 ratio. NEVER AGAIN!!! Went back to 33's.
Looks great on 35 but its not wourt it if you cant afford new gears. :/

·
Registered
82 Posts
the cheapest would be to get a more free flowing exhaust and put a cold air filter in. Should give you some horses. Next thing which you should of done already is regear.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
Stock intake already is cold air. It pulls from behind the grill, how much colder is that air gonna get????

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,444 Posts
the cheapest would be to get a more free flowing exhaust and put a cold air filter in. Should give you some horses. Next thing which you should of done already is regear.
:rofl: :histerica :rofl: :histerica

I love this answer every time it comes up. "Change exhaust and add CAI it will add 22 HP. Thats what the box says."

:doh0715:

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Id say timing also. Advance it until it pings a little then run 89 in it. That's how I roll lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts