Ok folks, life is somewhat returning to normal for me. Just back from Vegas CES & new projects just starting so I've been able to catch up on things around the house & after a few days of relaxation, I have hit the junkyard, grabbed some goodies & regained a bit of enthusiasm to get myself back to the things I love to do, which is working on my cars/truck.
I found an 85 F150 with the 302EFI that was in excellent shape at our local boneyard & I nabbed the airbox, and a factory fan shroud that were pristine. My airbox was pretty good, but it was a bit damaged by one of the clips & one of those clips eventually went missing, so this new airbox will fix that.
As for the fan shroud, mine was missing & I picked up one from rock auto & it fit pretty well & worked, but it just wasn't made quite as stout as the factory one, so I'm hoping this one will hold up the upper radiator hose with a bit more authority, cuz I always felt like if I leaned on the rock auto shroud, it wouldn't have been too hard to push it into the spinning fan blades. That rock auto one has a lot more give to it.
Anyway, then I actually fired up the welder, and got the rest of my cowl welded on. Kind of leaves me with just some sanding & sealing on the roof, digging out the seam sealer in the rain gutters & seeing what i gotta do in ther, but after all ive done on this truck so far, none of that scares me much.