Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title says i have a 1988 bronco an i wanted to upgrade to HIDs an was wondering what would be a good brand/kit to go with i want the brightest i can get but im on kind of a budget i wanna say around 150ish

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
prepair for being told how it is a bad idea. You're going to blind other drivers due to you headlight lenses of which there is no aftermarket....

·
Registered
862 Posts
the cheapest kit on ebay. if i could do it again, I would get the big box (not the uber big box one but the one size below). the slim comes with a separate ignitor which means you'll need to find 2 places for the kit.

·
Registered
355 Posts
prepair for being told how it is a bad idea. You're going to blind other drivers due to you headlight lenses of which there is no aftermarket....
This.

Don't buy them because there is no clear lens conversions for your bronco and you won't get a good straight beam and your light rays will be all over the place

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Yup. I turned around and sold my HID Kit right away for a loss. You will get an intense beam scatter that will blind other drivers and you will not increase your distance vision.

Consider a new large gauge Headlight Harness wiring harness, like this one from RJM Injection Technologies. The plug and play kit upgrades your exisitng harness from 18 gauge to 12 gauge wiring increasing your brightness by 25%. My headlights went from yellowish to bright white. Then you can polish your headlight lenses, if required.

And, at $69.00, is well within your budget. Super easy install with everything you need.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
ah, lame... he could always do the front end convert

·
Registered
419 Posts
Dont mean to hijack but do they make a kit for the 92-96s? Im very interested.:thumbup
Edit: NVM found it!

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you just need the bulbs you can get them CHEAP off ebay. I get the single filament for mine for $37 with free shipping. Hi/Lo beam is about $60. If you get the regular 33w ones you wont blind anybody and if so you can aim the lights a little lower. I've never had a problem with blinding anyone. Really simple to hook up and makes a difference. The most popular one seems to be the 8000K with is a light blue but i have the 6000k which is more whiter and lighter blue. The person that I use on Ebay is HID4U.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A friend of mine just bought the bulbs from adavance for $50.00 but they were single beam so theres is no high beam (not like you need it) but we put then in his 95 Eddie Bauer and in the factory lamps the beam literally went everywhere not focused at all

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
You will have to make it, you can't buy them.
I am painfully aware

I bought a kit from Advance and it worked great on my car. I have to remember who makes it but I believe it comes in a black box and it comes with 4 small sanding pads. You don't need a sander.
We are not looking to make then clear as in "not yellowed," but clear as in not reflective. So light goes straight through as opposed to being diffused and spread everywhere.

I have thought about taking the lense off the housing, and polishing the lense until it is clear, but I don't know if the plastic is thick enough to pull it off.

Other issue is what happens it a branch takes out the lense. Doing it once would be ok, but having to do it again would probibly piss me off bigtime

·
Registered
168 Posts
Consider a new large gauge Headlight Harness wiring harness, like this one from RJM Injection Technologies. The plug and play kit upgrades your exisitng harness from 18 gauge to 12 gauge wiring increasing your brightness by 25%. My headlights went from yellowish to bright white. Then you can polish your headlight lenses, if required.

And, at $69.00, is well within your budget. Super easy install with everything you need.

this is super cheap. did it actually make a big difference? think they would ship to canada? also do i need to order 2 or just one?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts

this is super cheap. did it actually make a big difference? think they would ship to canada? also do i need to order 2 or just one?
Along with a lens polish, it has made a noticable difference. One kit is complete plug-n-play for both headlights. Go to the site (via the link I posted) and scroll down to the directions and applications.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Along with a lens polish, it has made a noticable difference. One kit is complete plug-n-play for both headlights. Go to the site (via the link I posted) and scroll down to the directions and applications.

ok sweet, hopefully they ship to canada fairly cheap lol. which ones did u order the 9004s?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts