Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead Man-o-man am I confused.....My wife's 88 bronco XLT, 302,5.0,V8,EFI stalls when she has to turn a corner or even when she has to stop at a stop light-sign.
Only when she has to let go of the accelarator not while driving. But, there is also a delay when she hits the gas pedal to accelerate after being stopped.

I have already pulled the codes in two different steps with my EEC IV.

EOIO : codes 54 & 32
32= EGR pressuer feedback
54=Intake air charge temp. sendor circut open:vane air flow sensor out of range

EO : Codes all r codes 21 , 44 , 77 , 52

21=cooling temp. out of range or ECT out of range
44= Thermactor air system fault
77= Operator error during Dynamic Response Test/Wide Open Trottle not sensed
52= Power Steering pressure switch open.

These are the codes. Now, the problem started about 3-4 months ago. I went ahead and changed the plugs, wires, Dist. Cap, Router cap and put a new Fuel filter on it. (I was tunning my Bronco so I bought everything twice.) I thought this would fix the problem but it didn't.

I wanted to post this to see if anyone had any other ideas. I will look into my Manuel to check where everything is and see if I can do it today.

If you have any better ideas, let me know.

thanks a bunch!!!!!

P.S. I also used search to try to find something simular....... :red x

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
11,615 Posts
:banghead Man-o-man am I confused.....My wife's 88 bronco XLT, 302,5.0,V8,EFI stalls when she has to turn a corner or even when she has to stop at a stop light-sign. Only when she has to let go of the accelarator not while driving. But, there is also a delay when she hits the gas pedal to accelerate after being stopped. I have already pulled the codes in two different steps with my EEC IV. EOIO : codes 54 & 32 32= EGR pressuer feedback54=Intake air charge temp. sendor circut open:vane air flow sensor out of rangeEO : Codes all r codes 21 , 44 , 77 , 5221=cooling temp. out of range or ECT out of range44= Thermactor air system fault 77= Operator error during Dynamic Response Test/Wide Open Trottle not sensed52= Power Steering pressure switch open. These are the codes. Now, the problem started about 3-4 months ago. I went ahead and changed the plugs, wires, Dist. Cap, Router cap and put a new Fuel filter on it. (I was tunning my Bronco so I bought everything twice.) I thought this would fix the problem but it didn't.I wanted to post this to see if anyone had any other ideas. I will look into my Manuel to check where everything is and see if I can do it today. If you have any better ideas, let me know. thanks a bunch!!!!! P.S. I also used search to try to find something simular....... :red x
These two codes highlighted in red indicate your possible problem. Change both of these out as your ECT is telling your computer to dump more fuel and the power steering switch is not detecting pressure for your computer to boost your idle while turning your wheels. These should resolve your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.