Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is an engine in an f250, but it should be the same as a bronco engine. here is the story: i bought the truck about a week ago, the guy said it wasnt getting fuel. it wasnt getting fuel because the frame mounted high pressure pump was missing. and i also discovered that the inertia switch was tripped. and while i was doing more investigating, i found 4 different fuel pump and ecm relays still attached to the wires lying on the drivers side floor. the 'new' ones had been spliced in under the hood wires and all? unfortunately, the larger hot wire on the ecm relay got caught in the hood hinge and burnt up the fusible link, i fixed it, but i am not sure if that caused my problem. but anyway, i bought the pump an tried to start it, it ran for a second then just quit. the first thing i did was check the fuel pressure, kept 40 p.s.i. at all times, even when it ran momentarily. then i figured the next thing to do would be to check the ignition, had spark, even when it stalled. i put a vacuum gauge on the one vacuum line directly off the intake, i got about 20 inches when cranking, gauge didnt move quick enough to catch up while running, so i am not sure about that.i thought the catalytic converter was plugged so i chopped off the back one and busted out the guts in the front one, didnt help. i attempted to test the signal to the fuel injectors, but when i hooked the volt meter up it acted very strange. i hooked the positive and negative test leads to the injestor plug, tried dc then ac got 0.00, hooked the negative test lead to the negative battery terminal, got 5.22 volts on both wires? seemed odd to me, so odd that i forget if it was ac or dc. thats really all i tried other than unhooking the coolant temp sensor, didnt affect it. and i unhooked all electrical plugs on the engine, cleaned them, and hooked them back up. i have not had the money to buy a repair manual to troubleshoot the problem properly. i have a feeling it may be a faulty computer (due to my accidental short), ignition module, or pickup coil. i am not sure how to test any of these, and i am not sure if i am thinking the right thing. any suggestions? sorry for writing so much, it is just really bothering me, and i wanted you fellas to know all the details. i really appreciate it, thanks, and again, sorry for the length

1 - 1 of 1 Posts