Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i'm new to FSB and i have this huge project ahead of me and I was wondering if anyone has ever done this swap.

I had a bone stock 302 out of an '89 which i decided to sell and rebuild for a friend of mine (nightmare i might add:twak) and I picked up this 460 in Yuma, AZ for $400. When I tore into it it was not in the greatest condition but repairable, but i decided that if i'm ever going to kick Chevy's butt not only at the light, but at Glamis I would build it to borderline overkill.:goodfinge

Here is what I want to do so far:
Weiand Stealth Intake
Holley 750 DP
C9VE heads with p&p work
-larger valves: (Intake valve size increased to 2.19
Exhaust valve size increased to 1.76)
COMP Cams Thumpr Cam (This cam is good & i wanted something in the ballpark figure but with a deeper & lower grunt)
Hedman Headers
Eagle I-Beam Rods
Roller Rockers
Flat top Aluminum Pistons
Stock Crank w/ oiling mods
Deeper oil pan w/ windage tray
C6 tranny w/ shift kit
9 inch rear w/ 4.10 gears
NP205 T-CASE

But my major issue is who has done this swap or something similar to it because I know I need custom fabbed motor mounts and i need to move the tranny mount about an inch back (correct me if im wrong) and with all that torque make a true 4 link, but im thinking in terms of fitment issues such as the headers, mounts, hood (etc.)

please help me out anyone, im about as stuck as a rock in a hard place, or if anyone has done this swap please let me know what to look out for

thank you,

·
Registered
331 Posts
as for motor mounts, get the 460's for the year of your bronco for the same year f150, the front end area is the same as the trucks... headers, I would get the ones for the 4x4 truck with a 460... I dont know about 460's but Ive heard that long tubes are a bitch on the 302/351's and that shorties are prefered... so ask about that before ya buy...

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
www.broncograveyard.com

I know someone who has done an EFI 460 in his 91 bronco and the same guy has a EFI 460 in his 78... Very doable.. :thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts