Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a 89 bronco with a brand new 5.0 302 in it, I put about 25 miles on the new engine just taking it on a test drive, and I noticed it sounded like it didn't want to start when I stopped about halfway through the test drive but it did start. I drove it home just fine it ran great and felt like it had a lot more power. but after sitting in my driveway for about 3 hours I decided to move the bronco, started to back it out and it just died. it has started a few times since then but it won't stay running.

It has a new 302, clutch, flywheel, starter, distributor, coil, module, Optima battery, fuel pump relay, EEC relay, ignition switch, computer (ECM).
I thought I had a short in the wiring somewhere but I couldn't find one, but for a while whenever I tried to start it the module that mounts on the distributor got fryed, I went through about 10 modules now and finally their not getting fryed anymore. But I have no spark and now the stators bad in the distributor and I got a new one but haven't installed it yet.

I also heard that I could have a bad clutch switch? I wasn't sure about this either, that was the first time I even heard of it. So basically I have power to everything as far as I can tell just no spark. :doh0715:
This has really been bothering me I've tried everything I could think of and checked everything, replaced everything almost. I just need some help now so any help or ideas will be appreciated.

Thank You

1 - 1 of 1 Posts