Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am a new owner of an 89 bronco and I have some questions. I have searched the forums for a few days and can't seem to find the answers. So please excuse my noobness.

The driver side and tailgate windows do not work. The drivers side I hear nothing but the tailgate I hear a tick when the key is turned. Anyone ever hear of this?

The manual shift lever for the transfer case is on the floor behind the drivers seat and the tranny (c6) is non operational. You can shift to all gear setings but nothing works. I thought maybe the TC was in neutral but when tranny is in park it won't roll.

The truck runs well after hooking up the 3 plug boots that were hanging down.

Any help or ideas are needed. Thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
the click you are hearing when you turn the key is the microswitch inside the lock/switch mechanism. It means nothing.

first check all your fuses and relays under the hood and under the dash. next thing to do is to start checking to see if you have got power going to your motors...

there are lots and lots of writeups on that here, if you absolutely cannot find them I'll find some and give you a link, but maybe try using different search terms...

these are very common problems and most likely will be a very easy fix for you when you finally get it tracked down...

your rear window is most likely the driver's side latch safety switch. it will not let your window go up or down unless the tailgate is closed, when the safety switch malfunctions, your tailgate will not go up or down at all.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks goober I will check those out and post my findings

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well on a suggestion from a friend I went out and checked the tranny fluid level. Low and behold it was dry as a bone. I poured in 4 qts started her up and she moves, not very well yet but she might need more fluid.
Question 1 is I dont see a leak so how does a tranny go dry?

Question 2 is when the E-brake is pressed in it snaps back up at me never setting, real hard too wont go down but 2 inchs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts