Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a couple years, I have had to warm up my Custom, or....after a minute (or so) of driving, it is like it popped out of gear. I sit for a minute, playing with the column shift lever, finally it will go. Runs fine after that.

I saw an ad for a guy selling a BKO, (pos) he stated: "You must let the transmission warm up before you can drive". So I am not the only one.

The AOD has "internal shifting that is electronic" and there is some electronic connector that gets bad. Any one else out here have a fix for this problem?

The local tranny shop tells me I need a new transmission at $3000.00! Is there a fix without pulling the tranny???

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
My tranny fluid is too thick ( Lucas) and when it is cold outside, it takes a few minutes of warming up for the transmission to work. I saw the same ad too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
that is a common thing on c6's . i have had 2 trucks did the same thing . i have been told it is the sealing rings on the pump i believe is what i was told.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Never thought of that...I use Lucas tranny additive. hmmmm! (?)
When it is cold, it takes like 5 minutes to warm up. I was told it was because the valve body can't suck the fluid up when it is cold and thick. . Now that the weather here is warm, I can just about start it and go. I use Lucas to stop the leak on my shift shaft. Soon I will have the Filter changed, and shift shaft seal replaced for around $125.00. Glad I could help out:thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts