Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
827 Posts
Curious? Why are you deleting the Smog Pump? Are you doing a complete Smog delete with electrical, plates, plugs, etc? If you don't you will through your ECU off.
Most don't see significant gains besides cleaning up the engine compartment. I would just leave it if you can. Otherwise plug the CAT sensor and get a SMOG delete kit with a EGR Plate. If you are going to this much trouble, YES definitely install new headers. You can always use the headers on the new build, depending on how long that might be. Summit shorty headers only lasted a couple years for me. But they are super cheap.

· Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
827 Posts
Smog pump is frozen up, has been for a year, and yes I’m deleting the TAb/TAD, keeping the EGR.

I have a line on Bassani headers. I’m not sure how long it will be until I get the engine rebuilt... 6 months to a year... maybe sooner.
Bassani headers are Sweet! Get'em off you have a good deal on them. Pair them up with the Bassani Y-Pipe and you are golden.

Reactions: slimpartywagon

· Premium Member
827 Posts
That’s where the cat comes in... I want the Bassani Y pipe, so I am thinking new cat while I’m there, then when I build my new engine, I will do a cat back...
I think you can get the y-pipe with a CAT or NO CAT. You can always just plug the bung hole too. Hey now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.