Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 FSB that would not spark so I replaced the Ignition control module TFI and the pick up in the distributor the coil checks out ok. I was looking at my Chilton and it says to check voltage on the connector that goes to the TFI and # 1 has 4.8 volts # 2 has 12.9 #3 has 12.9 so I track the #1 back to the connector by air filter and it looks fine but the voltage is low there also. Where does that wire come from? and how do I fix the low voltage problem.

Thanks for your help

Jesse

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
do you have an after market MSD sytem in the mix by any chance, if not, I don't know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you hate me because I am so damn good with the ladies. :thumbup

But seriously I have been looking in my Chilton and it has been of some help but still can not find the right diagram. Does someone have a copy they could post up for me?

·
Registered
554 Posts
you also may want to check the relay's the 87-91 is known for poor relay's that go out.

the relays are on the driver's side inner fineder deal...the ones you need to check are the brown and grey/blue ones I beleive.

mine failed on my 90 and my fuel pump and spark were killed (still are..truck has sat for just over a year while I decide what to do with it).

This also brings up the question--is your fuel pump priming/turning on, can you hear it prime when the key is turned to the "on" possition?

GET a Haynes man. the best book for these things like already posted the diagrams are GREAT and easy to fallow if you sit down and look at them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I read wrong I thought you were saying that I was hated for being a New-Be not for using a Chilton. I really do not like Chilton either but that is all the parts store had.
Any who can someone post up that diagram for me. (from a Haynes)

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Hydro-Thunder said:
Sorry I read wrong I thought you were saying that I was hated for being a New-Be not for using a Chilton. I really do not like Chilton either but that is all the parts store had.
Any who can someone post up that diagram for me. (from a Haynes)
Chilton blows Hydro

Yeah, if you already have a Haynes then get a Chilton for reference, but Haynes is the way to go. Also, it was Chilton's cheap @$$ paper quality and fudged printing that probably forced Haynes to go to poorer quality paper (to price match Chilton).

Now, with the $h!t quality paper it makes scanning and copying a problem ! I always used to blow up my Haynes electrical schematics, white-out any diesel, etc wiring and simplify my diagrams. After that I'd plasticize the 11" X 17" wiring diagrams to make it easy on my old eyes.

Luckily I still have the plasticized blow ups.

Sixlitre

p.s./
I'd replace the coil with a known to be good coil anyway, for testing.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Steve83 said:
Someone told me the newest edition of the Haynes manual has $#!T for wiring diagrams. I haven't bought or looked at a new one in several years - anyone out there got a recent version?
That coulda been me Steve

I have an 8 year old pink version and the new blue one. They've actually corrected a few of the misprints and mistakes in the new(2004) one, BUT !!!!!!!!!

The Haynes I got for my Lincoln Town car was absolute $h!TE for a wiring specific to my 1990 year.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
490 Posts
Steve83 said:
Someone told me the newest edition of the Haynes manual has $#!T for wiring diagrams. I haven't bought or looked at a new one in several years - anyone out there got a recent version?

On an even FURTHER off-topic note...

I was examining the Bronco on the cover, and it's an '87-91 Eddie Bauer with 2-tone black-on-WHITE paint instead of the EB tan scheme. :shocked WTF is up with THAT??? But it does show the rare low-EB cloth seats.
thats the one i got it out of. i bought the book liek 5months ago. i believe its the same still. oh wait sh1t its my old book. i have 2 books. same crap. ladeda. lol

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
The hanes I rescently bought for the aerostar and a 77 gmc pickup both sucked rocks as far as electrical...actually the whole book left a lot to be desired.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts