Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 1990 fs bronco 5.8 e40d speed density. my motor is going to need to be rebuilt soon as it leaks bad and has over 200k on it. q:can i put on a set of afr heads and get away with with some extra hp or is it going to just screw up drive-ability and emissions. this method worked fine for my 93 mass air mustang but not sure how well with speed density. does this work?just looking for easy upgrades without having to re wire truck or fail emissions.thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
c'mon guys

nobody out here has any suggestions.? no thoughts....i guess nobody like this question.

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,513 Posts
This has been a subject that has been covered 100's of times. The AFR heads in and of themselves are not going to "screw up" the PCM. If you want to take full advantage of those heads you will need a better cam, as well as intake and exhaust. Adding all of those together will potentially put your combo outside of the normal operating range of the factory PCM. Can you stay SD? Yep sure can. Take a look at the Gen 1 Lightning guys. Plenty of them have stayed SD with the same pieces you may be contemplating. Personally I would go with a MAF setup. In either case you will need a custom tune or tuner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts