Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few picts of my 90 bronco that i purchased for 1200, I added the 8 inch suspension lift, 2 inch body, and 38.5x14.50x15! It has a new 302 and automatic trans. I am workin on the body and will continue send picts to share with fellow Ford Bronco lovers

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I went through and replaced all the front end, steering, dual stabalizer, added a 2 inch spacer under the 6 inch coils, and replaced all the bushings. After I placed the billet spacer under the coils they sat crooked, so I had to install another 2 inch drop bracket under the 6inch radius arem bracket to get them straight again. It was hitting the front shock, but the brackets corrected that. I will post more picts asap, thanks

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
38.5x14.50x15! It has a new 302 and automatic
looking good.. however the 38's and a 302 isn't a good combo if you're on stock gearing.. We blew up our 302 pushing the 40's around. But that was an awesome excuse to upgrade to a 96 351 roller motor.. :rockon

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looks good, i'm itching to get my 38.5's on. Post up after you finish the body work, should be a nice rig :thumbup

·
Registered
971 Posts
you got your self a steal. real nice truck. My 302 is turning 37's

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Good job, how's it driving? 302 will work if you re-gear it and get a little more HP in that motor. Suspension looks fugging awesome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It drives good considering the wide wheels, the Bronco has 4:11 gears in it now, hopefully that will help a little.
:rockon

·
Registered
235 Posts
what 6 inch lift did you have before you used the spacer and 8 inch drop brackets? did you have any problems with caster angles when you got the alignment done?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I purchased the Rough Country Lift and it sagged a little in the front so i purchase the billet spacers, after I put the spacers on I couldint install the front dual shock because it bowed the spring forward, caused by the tilting forward of the axle. So I decided to purchase the 2" radius arm drop bracket from Tough country which put the axle back where in should be and now the spring sits correct. I didnt have any alignment issues after the bracked drop, It fits good now, I will send some picts asap, Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put a drop pitman arm on it that came with the 6 inch lift, along with the center drop brackets for the axle brackets. It took a little more adjusting on the alignment because the center axle brakets were only 6 inch drops but it seems to align ok. I havent drove it enough to see if we have tire wear yet, but the alignment shop said it aligned fine. I did put 35's on it with 10 inch wheels so it was a little easier to align than with the 38's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts