Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helping my son get a 1990 Bronco road worthy and discovered it needs both driver and passenger side tailgate latches. Anyone out the have a pair they’d like to sell? I’ve searched high and low for them but they don’t exist in the aftermarket world. The Ford part numbers are E8TZ-9843150-B for the right side and E8TZ-9843151-A for the left side. I’m in the Bay Area of California and there aren’t too many FB to be found at wrecking yards. If anyone has a pair please contact me so we can keep this project moving forward. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,270 Posts
Yo Lamont,
WELCOME!
GREAT father and son project!
For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as in this instance, the tailgate.
try 1990 Ford Bronco Rear Body Trunk Hatch Tailgate 01594A Heated
For example;

¤
or
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts

Here are the 1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
&
1990 Ford Truck Emissions Manual.pdf by Ford via member 90.CaliBronco in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck Emissions Manual.pdf

Suggest you download both for faster scrolling and to use the table of contents index.

1990 Ford Bronco Brochure by Ford via Dezo's Garage @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1990-Ford-Bronco.pdf

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf found by Mrs BroncMom!

For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories that requires 50 non-padded posts to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.
save.

See How to add your Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How To: Upload Images To Posts, Search and more tips!

➡See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting".

Try to find time to participate and vote in our next Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes are awarded to winners; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.

Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yo Lamont,
WELCOME!
GREAT father and son project!
For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as in this instance, the tailgate.
try 1990 Ford Bronco Rear Body Trunk Hatch Tailgate 01594A Heated
For example;
View attachment 182186

¤
or
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts

Here are the 1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
&
1990 Ford Truck Emissions Manual.pdf by Ford via member 90.CaliBronco in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck Emissions Manual.pdf

Suggest you download both for faster scrolling and to use the table of contents index.

1990 Ford Bronco Brochure by Ford via Dezo's Garage @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1990-Ford-Bronco.pdf

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf found by Mrs BroncMom!

For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories that requires 50 non-padded posts to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.
save.

See How to add your Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How To: Upload Images To Posts, Search and more tips!

➡See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting".

Try to find time to participate and vote in our next Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes are awarded to winners; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.

Al
Thanks for the info Al, I’ll see if I have any luck on those sites.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

thanks for the info BroncoBoy but are you sure these will interchange with the 90 Bronco tailgate?

·
Registered
238 Posts
thanks for the info BroncoBoy but are you sure these will interchange with the 90 Bronco tailgate?
No, the truck latches don't fit the Bronco. They were available a few years ago but now looks as if nobody has them. Junkyard or Ebay is likely your only option at this point

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm not certain @Lamont - the item is listed under your year bronco so i posted.

·
Super Moderator
28,270 Posts
Yo Lamont,
FYI;
Latch Differences; "...78-82 tailgate latches are significantly different from 83-96. Because they mount differently in the tailgate, neither the latches nor the t/g skins will interchange across those years. Their strikes that mount to the body can be interchanged with some effort..." Source: by Ford via Steve83 (BANNED)

Note. In 78-82, both latches have to be closed since the interlock switch is mounted in the center mechanism;
NOTE; The safety switch was moved from the center (tailgate handle) to the left latch by 1983 by Seabronc (Fred W).

Parts Catalog 87-91 & 92-96 Bronco (Partial) by Ford @ Parts Catalog 87-91 & 92-96 Bronco (Partial) by Ford
Tailgate latches;

E8TZ9843150B is discontinued by Ford
Same for E8TZ9843151A.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts