Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. So I officially have the Bronco, and have started work on it today.

I have pictures up on Photobucket here:
1990 Eddie Bauer Bronco

Found a running 351 with E4OD on Craigslist from a '91 Bronco I'm hoping to get. Brother and I worked on removing some wiring, grill, wiper motor, and getting some of the smaller stuff out of the way today. I'll try to grab a picture every day before working so you guys can see the progress.

Off to work!

·
Low Buck Bum
3,543 Posts
Fixing burned cars is never any fun, I try to avoid them for that reason, but I'll be watching your thread and wishing you luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right Bent, I put up a starter thread explaining the history here: Noob Section

Picking up the 351 and trans in the morning. Hope the guy still has the chassis and body so I can steal the half shafts and computer out of it. I'm going to keep an eye out for any newer Explorers in the junk yard to grab a GT40P intake/heads.

A guy I work with used to build up cars for hot rods and for show. I hope he won't mind helping with some of the body work or paint.

Going to focus on removing more burnt items and the driver fender after catching a nap. 4-midnight shift sucks for getting stuff done sometimes.

Night all!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone... This is Jakal's little brother.. he has "bequeathed" me with the bronco.. with his work schedule, he is not available to work on it as he wishes. so i guess wish me luck with my endeavors on it... going to the local parts yard tomorrow morning and looking for heater core, carb, maybe valve covers, and really anything that will be of use

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Good luck. I guess I might keep my 89 "parts" truck. I paid $500 for it (running good) and it doesn't have any rust on it. Us out here on the West Coast are spoiled, becuse in the areas where we don't have a lot of snow, road salt and body cancer isn't so much of a problem. Anyway...have fun with the project. I started to buy a '79 for $600 that was involved in a fire. It has sat for a few years, but a lot of the inside is toast.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good luck, if you are really gonna work on it, keep us updated with pics!

·
Registered
10 Posts
will do Ford94... ill have to make an image shack account so i can link them...
rained a good bit today, so i wasnt able to run down to the local parts pull
i took the dash and wiring harness out of the instrument panels,,
then took a great deal of all of the wires out of the engine bay..

as my brother (jakal) posted either earlier in this thread or on another one, we picked a wiring harness off of a 5.0 F150, but i have some questions if yall would know:
i dont think the truck was 4x4, so should that make a difference with ecu and harness?
would the ecu be the same,,, the one we picked came off of an econoline... only 5.0 ecu in 200 fords there :/

any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
9,931 Posts
will do Ford94... ill have to make an image shack account so i can link them...
rained a good bit today, so i wasnt able to run down to the local parts pull
i took the dash and wiring harness out of the instrument panels,,
then took a great deal of all of the wires out of the engine bay..

as my brother (jakal) posted either earlier in this thread or on another one, we picked a wiring harness off of a 5.0 F150, but i have some questions if yall would know:
i dont think the truck was 4x4, so should that make a difference with ecu and harness?
would the ecu be the same,,, the one we picked came off of an econoline... only 5.0 ecu in 200 fords there :/

any help would be greatly appreciated!

A wiring harness that matches the engine is what you want. otherwise youll have to reprogram the pcm to work. a 5.0 computer probably wont want to play nice with a 351.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well ive found myself in a dilemma... i am a bit of a perfectionist, and would rather keep the 302 stock and in great condition
, so i couldnt find myself pulling a distributor and plugs when they're 'used' while at barry's (local u-pull-it),
........but, i found a 1990 bronco with a windsor... pretty damn complete, but the body is really rough.
i could swap bodies with little trouble as in cutting a hole in the center for a standard shift (which i prefer)

i asked one of the guys at the checkout counter if they straight sell cars off of the lot and they do NOT... hmphhh...
should i keep browsing craigslist/ebay for better goods? thanks for the help.. ill go snap some pics and upload them in a bit

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a 351 laying around.. who doesnt? haha but the one i have is an automatic, and the one at barrys is a standardso if i pulled anything, itd be the tranny and halfshafts maybe hubs as well the bronco i have has auto hubs, and the one in the junkyard has manual locking hubs

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
Aside from the carnage under the hood the rest of the BKO doesn't look too bad....:shrug

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
9,931 Posts
A wiring harness that matches the engine is what you want. otherwise youll have to reprogram the pcm to work. a 5.0 computer probably wont want to play nice with a 351.
well ive found myself in a dilemma... i am a bit of a perfectionist, and would rather keep the 302 stock and in great condition
, so i couldnt find myself pulling a distributor and plugs when they're 'used' while at barry's (local u-pull-it),
........but, i found a 1990 bronco with a windsor... pretty damn complete, but the body is really rough.
i could swap bodies with little trouble as in cutting a hole in the center for a standard shift (which i prefer)

i asked one of the guys at the checkout counter if they straight sell cars off of the lot and they do NOT... hmphhh...
should i keep browsing craigslist/ebay for better goods? thanks for the help.. ill go snap some pics and upload them in a bit
why not pull the transmission/engine/ and associated wiring? Btw there's an access panel under the carpet that goes over the trans. On a stick there's a hole in it for the shifter, on an auto there isn't. Swap the panels and there's no cutting needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
why not pull the transmission/engine/ and associated wiring? Btw there's an access panel under the carpet that goes over the trans. On a stick there's a hole in it for the shifter, on an auto there isn't. Swap the panels and there's no cutting needed.
now im curious all id have to do to get to said panel is take out passenger seat.. all of the seats were in great condition but the pivots for the front buckets are shot.. theyll go forwards and back, but wont lock into position and the only other problem with the driver seat is the brackets are broken off or quarter/half dollar sized holes in the floorboards, but the holes are not a problem.. welding is easy :rockon .. i really need a job or this will take 25x longer than it should :banghead

1 - 20 of 25 Posts