Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Previous owner butchered my dash when installing a backup camera and aftermarket stereo.

Is it easy to replace these dash pads?

Also a lot of the plastic surrounding the dash clips for things like the radio, AC control and light switch have been ripped out.
Any tips on how to fix this? Was maybe gonna buy new clips and JB weld them into the dash.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,344 Posts
Installing dash pad is as easy as finding the dozen or so screws holding it in place, and u can find a new center bezel to go around the radio a heater controls ect relatively easily.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The dash pad in this body style is not an easy replacement. It has five bolts made into the backside of the pad. The bolts extend through the plastic dash and have a nut holding them in place. About the only way to access these five bolts / nuts, without breaking or tearing up something else, is to lower the dash and access the dash pad nuts from the backside. Not an easy chore. I have been told that lowering the steering column is almost a must.

My '89 XLT has a crack in the dash pad. I purchased a replacement pad about a year ago, and still haven't gotten up the nerve to tackle removing the dash from its mounts just to replace the pad. Since this is my daily driver I can't afford to disable it for more than one day at a time. And since almost everything I do to this truck takes a lot more time than I planned for, I just keep putting it off. One of these days . . .

Best of luck to you, my friend! Patience is a virtue! (hope I spelled that correctly)

TB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts