Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 1990 Ford Bronco and am looking to do some upgrades. We will mostly be using it just for fun out in the desert, not rock crawling but more so just driving out to the desert bar and to a spot to go shooting. We will probably also drive it for a short cruise in town.

I'd love to get your thoughts/advice on the following:

What do you recommend for...
  • Suspension
    • I'm only 5'3 so I don't want a lift haha. I've been told Billstein. Thoughts?
  • New seats
    • Driver seat currently reclines almost all the way back when you sit in it
    • Has anyone purchased new seats?
    • I've been looking for used bronco, f150, and explorer seats but have been unsuccessful
  • Vinyl flooring
    • Currently is carpet, since it will mostly be out in the dirt we were thinking of doing all vinyl flooring. Thoughts? Do you recommend a certain company?
  • Center console
    • Currently missing the lock, has anyone purchased just a new lock for one? If not, did you buy a Tuffy one?
Any other ideas/thoughts!?

Attachments

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,065 Posts
Welcome!

Bilstein 5100s are great shocks. Moog makes great bushings, ball joints, and steering linkages.

Seats can be new from Mastercraft, Corbeau, Etc. Or from ford trucks and mustangs. Mustang seats require a bit of drilling to adapt to your bases.

The major suppliers of our parts all have vinyl floor: Bronco Graveyard, LMC Truck, Dennis Carpenter, National Parts Depot, etc.

I may have an old latch/lock for that console, but it wouldnt match your key.

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
615 Posts
Here are a few of my suggestions.
LIFT: go with a 2" lift/leveling coil spring up front and some Bilstein 5100s - Im not sure if you are a quad shock set up or single shock up front. For the rear you can just get an add a leaf. The stock Bronco has about a 2" rake from the factory so you may not need to lift the rear. With a 2" lift you can easily run 32" -33" tires, which should be enough for what you describe. It will also be easier to get in and out of and easier to maintain proper alignment.

SEATS - look at getting them reupholstered - stock seats are hard to come by. Try fixing what you have. I went with Mastercraft Baja suspension seats in mine. You will need to get a seat mount for them.

CENTER CONSOLE: Check eBay and junk yards. You can get a replacement USED console for around $65 or the latches. 78-91 Ford Truck Bronco Center Console Lighted Latch w/ keyed Lock 1978-1991 | eBay

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
615 Posts
P.S. Mount that rear window switch behind the bezel and you can find the replacement knobs for the lights and wipers on Broncograveyard.com or any of the vendors BigBlue named.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hey man! great looking truck!
i would recomend vinyl or leather seats and carpet floaring because it makes the ride way smoother, if not i would recomend getting the carpet detailed like what i did, ill leave some pictures under here

unless you are getting in with muddy shoes all the times i would just put carpet savers and call it a day

shocks i would recomend blistein ! i havent used it yet but i heard good things from them

good luck

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
144 Posts
Recently purchased a 1990 Ford Bronco and am looking to do some upgrades. We will mostly be using it just for fun out in the desert, not rock crawling but more so just driving out to the desert bar and to a spot to go shooting. We will probably also drive it for a short cruise in town.

I'd love to get your thoughts/advice on the following:

What do you recommend for...
  • Suspension
    • I'm only 5'3 so I don't want a lift haha. I've been told Billstein. Thoughts?
  • New seats
    • Driver seat currently reclines almost all the way back when you sit in it
    • Has anyone purchased new seats?
    • I've been looking for used bronco, f150, and explorer seats but have been unsuccessful
  • Vinyl flooring
    • Currently is carpet, since it will mostly be out in the dirt we were thinking of doing all vinyl flooring. Thoughts? Do you recommend a certain company?
  • Center console
    • Currently missing the lock, has anyone purchased just a new lock for one? If not, did you buy a Tuffy one?
Any other ideas/thoughts!?

View attachment 178639
View attachment 178640

View attachment 178641

View attachment 178643

View attachment 178645
I put two coats of MonstaLiner from the back seat to the tailgate. New jute padding and vinyl floor from Stock Interiors in the front. Also got new seat vinyl from them and had a shop by me put them on my existing seats.
~Erik

1 - 7 of 7 Posts