Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
You ever come down into Iowa much?

Might consider it. Also, for reference that should be a 42-model - can you confirm this? Pretty sure it was 88-95 were ZF 42's, and 96-97 or something like that was ZF 47's. Difference is torque capacity. Just slightly curious.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I don't make it to Iowa very often. But if you want the transmission I'd be willing to meet you in Mason City for an extra $50.00. But I'd need the $450.00 in advance.

The tag says it's a S5-42 model and the gearing is a 5.72 first gear and a 0.76 5th gear.

If you decide you want it just let me know and we can work out the details.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Are you willing to ship?

how tough would everything else needed be to get?

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm willing to ship it but it won't be cheap. I'd have to have it weighed to see if it's light enough to go by UPS ground. If not it would have to be shipped by truck frieght($$$$$ ).

If you want to use this in a Bronco you'd need to convert it over to a 4x4 trans. You can get the parts but I have no idea what they would cost.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I just shipped a ZF by way of Forward Air for $120. That does not include the crate costs.

The cost of converting a 4x2 to a 4x4 can be a bit pricey unless yo can find a broken 4x4 unit that's only good for pieces parts.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just weighed my ZF on a bathroom scale and it looks like it weighs around 175 Lbs. So it definately needs to go truck freight. If you want me to get a quote give me your zip code and I can get a freight quote.

I checked and a new 4x4 main shaft cost around $300 and the 4x4 tailshaft housing is around $115.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts