Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
The problems with mine are simple and pretty much what everybody else experiences with Broncos. My rear Window goes up and down when it wants to. And the drivers side power window is slipping real bad half way up. Replaced the tranny at 136,000 miles, but other than that its real charm:thumbup

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
You can replace the motor in the back window. I love mine. The motor is reliable and powerful enough for me, rides better than my 96 Mustang did, parts are cheap when you need them, and they are Fords, damn simple machines to work on.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Say what you want, I got a 90 with E$OD, original, with 165 k....maybe I am just lucky, but she is working like gang busters so far...

·
Registered
566 Posts
My first Bronco was a '90 Bonco XLT 351W auto, 4x4 150,xxx miles. Burned oil, leaked oil through the rear main seal. Heatercore was shot, u-joints shot, it was Black no rust, grey intieror originally from Tennasee though. Locking hubs from factory worked great! Rear window switched craped out on me,
Also the truck got 9 miles to the damn gallon, the fuel pump took a dump on me, got a new onr from Ford $200 later it was on the road, got a new alt new starter, batter, battery cables, floor mats, cd player, some bad ass nobbi 31's to replace the stock 29's and a 29' spare tire that was on the vehicle. Ohwell paid $1,600 for a stock RUST FREE Bronco so hell yeah it was worth it!! one year later shit comes a dear, then bronco gets totaled. I fixed up and sold it for a $1,500 + the insurance gave me $3,000 and told me to keep it :)
its all good! gota '93 Bronco similer issues but still fun to drive, plus I get 15 miles to the gallon with a 302 V8 yeah!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not worried about the trans. I can rebuild if I need to.I want to know what problems these have that alot of people have found out.I am not going to make it into a 4x4 extreme truck or anything.It will be my daily driver. I may do the 92-96 f-150/bronco front clip swap and also replace the rusted out areas on the body and repaint it.....But not much at all.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Just a note on the windows. If the motor runs but the glass doesn't move, it'll take about $15 and 30 minutes per window to have them all going again (including the rear window). You do *not* have to replace the motor, az/napa/o'reilly all carry rebuild kits to replace the nylon bushings inside the motor. Super-easy and much cheaper.

Look for rust. Complain about the mileage. Check all the things you would normally check on a car.

Edit: You're not worried about rebuilding an E4OD? Come show me how to rebuild mine!! :toothless

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I'd love to do that for you guys.It really is not that hard or expensive to rebuild.I rebuilt a C-4 with alto reds clutches and full seal,and shift kit for $300 canadian.I rebuilt my A4LD in my explorer for $450 canadian because hard parts blew up(overdrive drum).But a rebuild kit is cheap and I pay no labour because I do it.Labour to rebuild @ 14 hours X $100. per hour then parts gives you a $1500.00 to $2100.00 rebuild.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
You could do what I did, I took those little motors out of the passenger and drivers windows and chunked them...got some manual reulators from an F150, replaced, got some handles from the Zone...siimple and works great...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
my 91 has been reliable as hell so for for the 6-7 months i've had it. Sure my e4od started going out two weeks after I got it, but I take it easy and it's not getting worse so far.

If you're not worried about the tranny, you've got absolutely nothing to lose wth the 90.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I did not buy the Bronco. It seems the picture was the wrong pic posted in the ad. The truck had cancer so bad you could put your hand into the door skin and unlock the door.The tires were bald,paint was almost stripped off (mid 80's paint from the factory), and the truck was just plain junk. Oh well, I do have a line on another 88 Full size Bronco that I am going to check out. Here's for better luck this time.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Bummer man. But that happens. Can never expect the first one to be "the one". But you will find the right one if you look hard enough. :)

Keep rollin'

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
jons1streal4x4 said:
e4od trans aren't that bad, i am on my 3rd one, but they aren't that hard to rebuild
Wanna do a writup? Or come show me how to do it? :toothless

1 - 20 of 22 Posts