Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currantly building a bare block for the ol' 1991 Bronco. After some intensive research I have come up with a Comp Cams 31-255-5 Cam for a Speed Density controlled 5.0, any of you Bronco guys put this particular application in your Bronco? Do you like it? I don't want to convert to Mass Air Flow, but I do want extra torque and a quick response when I step on the ol' gas pedal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
86caprirs said:
The XE270HR is a good speed density cam. Along with the Crower 15511 cam.Most guys are using this in the SD powered mustangs.Check out www.50tech.com
Yeah but don't the Mustangs have a roller cam? The Bronco 5.0 in 91 is a non-roller cam with SD air flow.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
desertdave said:
I am currantly building a bare block for the ol' 1991 Bronco. After some intensive research I have come up with a Comp Cams 31-255-5 Cam for a Speed Density controlled 5.0, any of you Bronco guys put this particular application in your Bronco? Do you like it? I don't want to convert to Mass Air Flow, but I do want extra torque and a quick response when I step on the ol' gas pedal.
I know you've probably done a search Dave

but try again using "Gackner" and "Fireguy" in with words like "speed density cam".

I remember they had a very informative thread going a while back

Sixlitre

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
:stupid
How to pick a camshaft

86caprirs said:
The XE270HR is a good speed density cam. Along with the Crower 15511 cam.Most guys are using this in the SD powered mustangs.Check out www.50tech.com
Those cams are good for a Mustang but put the power band a little high for a heavy truck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link Gacknar :twotu:
I've pretty much made my mind up to go with the Comp Cams 31-255-5. I just would like to know if its a "lot" better than stock or is it just a small improvement?
If I do go with the 31-255-5 do I use stock rockers and lifters? Or is there a better setup available for the 87-91 302's?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,422 Posts
Use the lifters that are recommended for that cam. You can use stock rockers or upgrade to roller rockers pretty cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts