Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the custom rocker panels I am building.. I also have the lift in, see this thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201667 and have got the seats in..

The panels were cut from sheet metal to cover some body damage and help protect it from new damage... Once they were cut out I applied a self etching primer than an exterior black texture paint, finished off with an epoxy sealent... For about 4 hours work, they don't look to bad...

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New Seats in the 91

Here is a pic of the seats I installed.. They are full power, leather high backs out of a newer Ford truck. All I have to do is run power to them, but they are installed and are so much more comfortable than the stock ones that were in there

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
nice job on the seats.they look good in there, how much work to get the sliders to mount????? what did you pay for them????/ are they out of f-150????

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the brackets on the new seats, sealed the original mounting wholes and drilled and set all new holes. I haven't ran the power to the new seats yet, but have hooked them up to power to make sure they work. Once powered they will slide all the way forward, giving access to the rear. I purchased them off of Craigslist for $75 for the set... They came out of an F-150.... It took about 40 minutes for each seat and about another 40 minutes to build the power bracket that will be ran to the seats. It is a completely fused power harness I built from some wrapped wire from Homedepot, with two wires in each wrap. Unfortunately it would have been a lot of work to get the new seats to work on the old sliders so I decided, after looking, calculating and saying hell with it, to just mount these as is... One of the best mods I have done yet...

·
Super Moderator
6,648 Posts
Seats look good I wish I could find a set like those at that price around here. Mods are gonna bust ya for three build threads going. Put all the work you do to the rig on just one thread. A lot of us on here are single cell organisms and get confused easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts