Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 91 fsb is throwing codes showing the solenoids for 1st 2nd and overdrive bad so I bought a new pack off eBay and started to put it in today.

Bolted it up and realized my electrical connection is not the same as the new one and the old one has green plastic and the new one has orange.

The original pack has a full row of pins for both rows and the new one has a gap missing 2 pins on one row. The old packs connection has a wider mouth than the new one also. Is there a different connection that I need to splice into the harness?

Really need some help here this is my daily driver and I just spent 170 on this new solenoid pack.

·
Man of endless projects
9,286 Posts
its probably a reman pack. look on it for a ford part number and you should be able to identify what year it is. they may have sent the wrong one, it happens. the tranny parts supplier i got some gaskets for sent me the wrong valvebody gaskets, twice.

http://www.fordification.com/tech/partnumbers_overview.htm

i wouldnt try messing around switching the plug cause if you break it or it doesnt work, then your really SOL and unable to return it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts