Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the cats from a 1992 F150 with a 302 fit a 1992 Bronco with a 302? I am asking because when I look for the F150 direct replacements. I find a bunch, but when I search for Bronco direct replacements I find nothing at all. If they will work, I can get them from my local NAPA. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked both up in the walker online catalog and there are two different part numbers. The F-150 is #15742 and the Bronco is #15798 What could the difference be? Also did Ford make Broncos with different emmisions equipment for '92? Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
748 Posts
AMDAP said:
I looked both up in the walker online catalog and there are two different part numbers. The F-150 is #15742 and the Bronco is #15798 What could the difference be? Also did Ford make Broncos with different emmisions equipment for '92? Thanks again guys!

Well, hopefully someone here might be able to chime in that has an F-150...Project Lazerous I'm looking in your direction...simply because I don't know for sure. This could be a case where Walker simply wanted to keep the part numbers separate for the vehicles for inventory reasons or they might actually be different. The differences I'm looking at are the way the catalytic converters are positioned, as far as being the same Cat., then yes the two different trucks should be using the same Cats or at least be interchangable. However, I did look on another site that offers exhaust products and one particular Cat. came up for the '92 302 F-150 while it didn't come up for the '92 302 Bronco so there is some difference. In those part numbers you have listed from Walker, the actual differences may be the bends in the pipe or what angle the Cats. are welded. Since the undercarriage of the two trucks differs slightly. Concerning the emissions equipment, I think you will find that most have the same emissions equipment depending upon what exactly you are refering to when you are talking about the emissions equipment. The 302 and the 351 will differ in what they have on them. I do not have any personal experience with 302s, both my trucks are 351s. If this question still bothers you, I would call Walker or even venture to my local Ford dealer to speak to a tech there that may be able to give you the correct answers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't have an exhaust shop here. Just a good mechanic/parts changer...Thanks for the info MAX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts