Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 1992 bronco that I drove in high school. Sadly it has sat every since, and is not in great shape. It runs, but does needs a lot of TLC just to get going. My question would be for 1992 Bronco, is it worth restoring or better of getting it looking good and clean and sell to restore or work another bronco year?

·
Super Moderator
29,116 Posts
Yo Bdemerson09,
Welcome!
It's difficult to judge your 92 without an overview of it's ability to start, run, shift, turn, stop; and any HVAC, body, frame, etc issues. Post some pics of interior, body, etc.
Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search and more tips!

Here's the 1992 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Ford/Bronco/Ford_US Bronco_1992.pdf

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 posts required to view, due to scammers who preyed on our members ).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc.
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting".

➡ Try to find time to participate and vote in our current Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes are awarded to winner! A full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted. Also, a years worth of premium FSB membership is awarded to the winner!

Al

Reactions: bsd4083

·
Registered
335 Posts
That's really only a question you can answer. If it were me, unless there was a rust problem, pretty much every part of he Bronco can be replaced or upgraded. I question the wisdom of pouring a whole lot of effort into a rust bucket. Even 1992 Broncos are going to be considered "classics" soon, if not already. Nice '92-'96 Broncos are going for $10-15k where I live. So if you like the body style (the 80-86 are the best looking IMO, and I saw this having owned at least one of each style) stick with it.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,330 Posts
The OP set the table, but left a major question unanswered... We know the Bronco has sat since he/she was in high school, but how long ago was that? Twenty years ago, or just last year...makes a huge difference in how long it's been neglected.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,143 Posts
what @fodder said..we don't know how long it's been sitting or the general overall shape of the Bronco..if it were me and the body was in good shape, straight with no rust, I'd keep it..everything else on these rigs is pretty damn easy to work on and well documented on FSB or various other corners of the interweb..

Reactions: bsd4083

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's really only a question you can answer. If it were me, unless there was a rust problem, pretty much every part of he Bronco can be replaced or upgraded. I question the wisdom of pouring a whole lot of effort into a rust bucket. Even 1992 Broncos are going to be considered "classics" soon, if not already. Nice '92-'96 Broncos are going for $10-15k where I live. So if you like the body style (the 80-86 are the best looking IMO, and I saw this having owned at least one of each style) stick with it.
I appreciate the input, that puts it more into perspective.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
That's a fair amount of time for a vehicle to sit, but not long enough that general maintenance can't be expected to bring it back to life. Fluids, belt, tires, fresh fuel, etc.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I graduated in 2012 so just over 10 years.
I'd make a real good check to see the critters haven't gotten to the wiring or filled the heating ducts with turds, but otherwise, I'd change belt, hoses, fluids and you should be OK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd make a real good check to see the critters haven't gotten to the wiring or filled the heating ducts with turds, but otherwise, I'd change belt, hoses, fluids and you should be OK.
I’ll be sure to look into that also. Thank you for the input.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I currently own a 1992 bronco that I drove in high school. Sadly it has sat every since, and is not in great shape. It runs, but does needs a lot of TLC just to get going. My question would be for 1992 Bronco, is it worth restoring or better of getting it looking good and clean and sell to restore or work another bronco year?
if its not a rusted wreck its likely worth restoring.. they are all 30yo trucks and have sameish issues.. but A CLEAN RESTORED BRONCO IS WORTH 20-30K and demand is growing

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
No doors or top for 10 years, with exposed and disconnected wiring everywhere? That may well be a headache to wind back the clock. At least there's no rust obvious, aside from the rear fenders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No doors or top for 10 years, with exposed and disconnected wiring everywhere? That may well be a headache to wind back the clock. At least there's no rust obvious, aside from the rear fenders.
Well it did have doors and top on it for a good amount of time. Last couple years I think my father took them off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts