Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 bronco with a 5.8, have cleaned the iac and it helped but it still wants to idle around 1000 most of the time. It is not the throttle blades sticking or cable sticking. When you put it in gear some times it will go down to 850-900 but put it back in park and it will go back to 1000!

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
A couple things you can try:
First disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes, then reconnect it. That will clear some of the computers memory, and it will try and learn the fuel management strategy, including the IAC setting. And don't press the accelerator when starting, it confuses the computer.
Second, replace the IAC, I had to go through two NEW ones to get a good one, after cleaning my old one a couple of times.

Welcome to FSB

·
Registered
110 Posts
You may want to check the TPS while you're at it. If it's reading over .95 volts it's too high. If you replace it, buy a Motorcraft.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone every heard of a Tach sticking at 2200 RPM's? I've got high idlle problems on a 92 5.8 project Bronco that I just brought, and I think thee tach may be my first problem I need to get resolved before I start tracking down others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts