Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Garage kept
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who makes a 37" tire in a 15" wheel that is a radial. I've heard that a 37" tire is heck on the ttb, will it hurt on the highway, all I run is the pavement? I need some advice.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,830 Posts
you are going to need more lift to fit that size tire under a 6". i have the exact lift and no way would 37's fit.

bfg,mt/claws,toyo,Iroc's i believe come in a 37x15"rim

·
Registered
110 Posts
Your best bet would be to stick with a 36" tire. Once you go over that it is hard on the TTB, but for an on road truck it should live. I put on a six procomp lift with 38" tires (sawzall helped the clearence issues) I had no problems on road, did wonder more than I liked, but first off road adventure snapped driver side axle. And later that day broke passanger side axle. I really don't see much difference between 36 and 37, except price since a 37 tire isn't as common.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
37s will fit, but you are going to have to cut your fenders back. 36s should be just fine.

I thought that all the BFG 37s were on a 17" rim; except maybe the Krawler . . .

·
Registered
110 Posts
With 37 you'll have to adjust your bump stop. I rub pretty bad when I turn. And you will have some trimming to do. Unless there is some reason for running 37", I honestly recommend to just stay with 36" tires. It is easier and their is a wide range of choices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts