Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i gotta 1993 bronco E.B. edition the brake lines like to split do to a nice layer of rust!! ive repolaced 3 lines in 4 months and wanted to know what i can do to prevent this from happening again!
i was thinking a can of rubberized undercoating on the lines would help protect it, but what do you suggest??:rockon

·
Registered
897 Posts
Well you got 14 more years to worry about it. :D :D Realy the replacement hard lines last prety long. I would not realy sweet it any.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
I just replaced both the front to back lines on my Town Car

122" TWICE :banghead

After wiping them down with acetone (once they were in place), I emptied a spray can of clear urethane onto them.

That was October and we've been pouring salt onto the roads since early November. I was under the other day and there's no rust anywhere.

Wish I could say the same for the fuel line :banghead Oh well that's a job for Springtime

Sixlitre

·
Registered
897 Posts
inlinetube.com sells a stainless set.

Do they realy??? I serched and could not find a listing. Do they have them for a 95 with ABS??????

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
They have them up to `92, I think, but the difference between the `92 and the newer trucks is just where the cruise switch goes. One join fixes that problem.

I've got the `92 set for my `94, and it seems complete. I've only used the back so far.

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
Im dieing to buy another beater truck to wheel and get muddy to keep my 90 looking good and rust free undercarriage wise.

check out my $1000 1990 302/aod with 190k miles.

Then i had some fun.. and I'd hate to see the undercarriage get rusty from all of this...

Sorry to steal the thread, but I get a kick out of posting my rust free pics in the rust threads.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Is that snow in Georgia I see ?

Sixlitre

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
They have them up to `92, I think, but the difference between the `92 and the newer trucks is just where the cruise switch goes. One join fixes that problem.

I've got the `92 set for my `94, and it seems complete. I've only used the back so far.

Cool!!! Maybe I will go that way. Where did you get them from? Direct???

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
the stock brake lines with that swirly looking ridge on them hold all kinds of crud and rot out after time. get the smooth type of line and they will last a long time.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Checked it out. WOuld be nice and easy, but MAN I can bend up a LOT of tube for that cash!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts