Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of the ongoing search for A high speed vibration we've landed at rebuilding the front end, but I am having trouble finding new spindles.

Dana D44 BOM: 610411-8
Spindle Part #: 44610
Spindle, Bearing & Seal Kit #: 74811x
5 bolt mount to steering knuckle

'93 was the first year with ABS, so the spindles are slotted for sensors but they still retained the clip-on brake calipers - '94 and up switched to a bolt on (part numbers for '93 & '94 hub/rotor assemblies differ).

Are there spindles available I can use with the '93 hub and rotors?

or

Will '94 single seal spindles (i.e. Yukon Gear YP SP75304), '94 hubs and '94 rotors work with the '93 clip-on calipers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1984 Bronco, 4.9L, C6, 9", 44 TTB, 3.54 Gears
431 Posts
Man Bronco Graveyard doesn’t even have what you need. Seems like the oddball year for these parts.

I would call Yukon and ask them.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,133 Posts
I'm almost 100% certain hubs and rotors are interchangeable across all years of the D44. The solid axles have a separate caliper bracket, for the TTB the bracket is part of the knuckle..no reason you shouldn't be able to use those clip on calipers..

Reactions: Want2BS8ed

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man Bronco Graveyard doesn’t even have what you need. Seems like the oddball year for these parts.

I would call Yukon and ask them.
I'm almost 100% certain hubs and rotors are interchangeable across all years of the D44. The solid axles have a separate caliper bracket, for the TTB the bracket is part of the knuckle..no reason you shouldn't be able to use those clip on calipers..
Thanks @Flesh Eater. Thanks @jermil01. Appreciate both of your replies.

Spoke with Yukon Gear earlier today. Much more helpful than JBG, however the answer was the same... ‘93 is an odd year and the spindles are unavailable. The only option is apparently a complete swap (including knuckles all the way out) to either the ‘92 or ‘94 setup - both of which would eliminate ABS (unclear why that would be the case with the ‘94).

Was hoping there was a narrow window where everything still crossed (see below), but if the guy making the spindles says no, then I’m going to need to accept it.

Here is what I was able to dig up from Dana/Spicer and Raybestos. The ‘96 split seal spindle has been well covered before, but hopefully the following will be helpful to someone in the future.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
1984 Bronco, 4.9L, C6, 9", 44 TTB, 3.54 Gears
431 Posts
I would swap and dump the ABS. Yukon knows their stuff. So I would follow their guidance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts