Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
originally my bronco just stopped and started making a high pitched grinding sound so i turned her off and then restarted her and got her home. she make it to the drive way and stopped. again with the high pitched grinding. but i got her home and changed the fluid and the filter hoping that would take care of it. but the only thing that did was give me reverse and 1st gear back. now 2nd and drive wont engage all the way. if i rev it a little i get a little movement. i am thinking it is the mlps. but i don't have a way to test it. i could use any help. as i am a little tight on cash. that is the way of the bronco owner.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
sounds like a torque converter, i could be wrong though.

MLPS would show up as a code. And wouldn't prevent the truck from moving, it would just shift like total ass and at total bad times. What you're describing sounds like mechanical failure, not electrical.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

Did you take a good look at the fluid when you drained it? I'd bet you had pieces of something in there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Take a look at you wire harness above you tranny, make sure it is hooked up properly. If it is, then you either need to rebuild the tranny or get a new one. I was going to Nascar in Fort Worth and mine went out, I only had reverse. I bought a used tranny with 75,000 on it from PA, for $850, that is with shipping. I still have it in and it runs great. J George Enterprise is the name of the company. Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took her to the tranny shop and they told me my planets are done. i dont really have the money to put a new one in or for that matter a rebuild. so she is going to have to wait. does anyone know where i can find a cheap e40d. i live in denver so the closer the better. i could raise some money. i will raise the money because i love my bronco.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Search the for sale area here, and check out craigslist.

E4ODs aren't cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts