Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has ever used a strut or something similar to keep the spare tire swing from opening or closing to fast and damaging the sheet metal?

·
Super Moderator
25,286 Posts
Yo msquared100,

New
1980-96 Ford Bronco
Imagine having the ability to lock your Ford Bronco spare tire swing in three functional locations!
Detailed Description
Imagine opening your factory Ford Bronco spare tire swing in a parking lot and not having to worry about your spare tire slamming into the car next to you. Imagine being at your campsite with your Bronco and the spare tire swing doesn’t slam back into your tailgate when you want it to stay all the way open. Imagine having the ability to lock your Ford Bronco spare tire swing in three functional locations…
Our bolt-on Spare Tire Swing Stop is just what you need when you want your spare tire swing to stay put!
We used quality steel and aluminum in this product for strength. Everything is CNC machined or laser cut for precision and accuracy.
A spring-loaded pull-pin is used so locking in place is automatically done.
Factory holes are used for ease of installation and all necessary Grade 8 hardware in included.
Specs
  • CNC Machined
  • Laser Cut
  • 6061 Aluminum Alloy
Includes
  • Spare Tire Carrier Swing Stop Bracket
  • Spring-loaded Pull Pin
  • Grade 8 Hardware

○¤○
I use a strong bungee cord

Reactions: reds

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i’ve seen that attachment before from bronco graveyard but that doesn’t solve the problem I’m talking about. I’m looking for something to slow down how fast the spare carrier opens. Even with the attachment from Bronco graveyard, if it swings open or closed too fast you can still damage the structure around the hinge point and latch. I suppose a bungee would work but I was looking something that would look a little more finished.

Yo msquared100,
View attachment 162802

New
1980-96 Ford Bronco
Imagine having the ability to lock your Ford Bronco spare tire swing in three functional locations!
Detailed Description
Imagine opening your factory Ford Bronco spare tire swing in a parking lot and not having to worry about your spare tire slamming into the car next to you. Imagine being at your campsite with your Bronco and the spare tire swing doesn’t slam back into your tailgate when you want it to stay all the way open. Imagine having the ability to lock your Ford Bronco spare tire swing in three functional locations…
Our bolt-on Spare Tire Swing Stop is just what you need when you want your spare tire swing to stay put!
We used quality steel and aluminum in this product for strength. Everything is CNC machined or laser cut for precision and accuracy.
Factory holes are used for ease of installation and all necessary Grade 8 hardware in included.
Specs
  • CNC Machined
  • Laser Cut
  • 6061 Aluminum Alloy
Includes
  • Spring-loaded Pull Pin
  • Grade 8 Hardware

○¤○
Yo msquared100,
View attachment 162802

New
1980-96 Ford Bronco
Detailed Description
Specs
  • CNC Machined
  • Laser Cut
  • 6061 Aluminum Alloy
Includes
  • Spring-loaded Pull Pin
  • Grade 8 Hardware

○¤○

·
Super Moderator
25,286 Posts
Yo ms,
We still use a bungee cord ever since we purchased our Bronco new with no issues to hinge/1/4 area.
Another option others have been discussed in a few defunct Bronco sites is using a shock absorber, however I never saw an example.
GL in your quest!
Al

Reactions: reds
1 - 4 of 4 Posts