Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I’m currently in the process of collecting parts and knowledge to complete a 347 and MAF swap into my 1995 EB SD 302 E40D. On some what of a budget before Aug 15.

Parts

347 long block with ported GT40 heads ( orderd )

10 psi fuel pressure regulator ?

Fiveology MAF ecu and wiring kit ?

Pro m 19 lb/hr calibrated 75mm Mass Air sensor ?

Bassini y pipe?

Questions

Will I be able to tune the SD system? if not is it possible to tune the MAF kit without SCT, Quarter horse or Tweecer?

Is it worth upgrading the stock injectors or intake system to the typhoon intake?

The final all encompassing question is there anything that I am missing other than photos that will be posted during the build?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,797 Posts
your 95 bronco should already be MAF with 302. 94+ bronco XLT, Eddie's etc.. had mass air. the XL models didnt i guess though. you can go to a wrecking yard and get the wiring harness from a 94-95 MAF bronco, grab the computer also.
The stock intake will work and the gt40 heads will probably be more of the bottle neck. What cam are you planning to run? I assume you already have headers and free flowing exhaust?

24lb injectors will probably also be necessary.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly the truck has duel intake runners. Will a stock MAF system be able to keep up with the 347? The engine currently has a trick flow .499/.510 cam. Thank you for the reminding about the exhaust. Are there any cheaper alternatives to the bassini y pipe?

Thank you for your time

·
7,797 Posts
any MAF will require tuning, starting with the stock wiring etc.. would be cheaper.

Headers, hi flow cat, have a shop build a custom mandrel bent y pipe (2.5") into single 3" exhaust.

·
7,797 Posts
you would want to ask the shop that will be doing the tune for you. You also shouldnt need an adjustable fuel regulator. the stock regulator will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
14,732 Posts
If you're going to tune it or use a tuner, you'll want the adjustable FPR..most tunes will require you to bump the pressure up a bit.

·
7,797 Posts
Good call Jermil01

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After reading the link I think it will be necessary to upgrade to 24lb injectors. Did ford ever make a 24lb injector with 4 ports like the explorer injectors. What parts would you guys recommend for the MAF swap? Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is were my understanding of MAF is at.

Pro m 75mm sensor 24lb (ordering)

Federal way1 cpu ?

1996 wiring harness ?

Am I missing anything?

·
7,797 Posts
you want an 94-95 XLT-EddieB MAF harness. the 96 harness is OBD-II.. more of a headache.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,704 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The engine got here yesterday and the installation will be taking place next week. Some good news the truck has the stock maf system. Don't ask how I got them mixed up as I am still trying to figure that out.

With that said do I need to modify the existing maf system other than a tune?
Pictures are on there way.

·
7,797 Posts
should only need a Tune, i would recommend calling some dyno shops and asking some questions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK so I have been shopping for injectors and I am wondering why the fiveology injectors are $150 yet the cheapest 30lb injectors on summit are $320?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts