Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I'm kind of new here... but I am picking up a second bronco. I looked at it today and I'm going to pick it up on Friday. Here are a few pictures, but first my plans.

1. The engine has a bad knock in it, so. I think I want to take this engine out and possibly see what the issue is. In the meantime I have another 95 bronco with a 5.0 in it that is really beat up right now. I'm thinking of using my motor as a donor for this car because it's actually in good cosmetic condition compared to mine.

2. The front bumper is rusted. I'm debating whether to put my crazy bumper on this car or to put on my stock xlt bumper. I kind of like the way this car looks stock. I might just daily this one. (FINISHED!!)

3. There is minimal rust on the wheel wells so I am going to repair that asap. After that I want to two tone the truck like the xlt models. I do not know which color yet.

4. The lower tailgate is also rusting. I'm open on suggestions on what to do with that. Might use some rust stop stuff on it then put some diamond plate over it or something or maybe just buy a new shell offline and install that instead. Feel free to suggest things.

5. I want to put 35's on it like my other truck, but that could be a while.

6. Probably some type of sound system eventually.

Anyway. PLEASE suggest anything else you might think of doing to this truck I like suggestions.

Here are the pictures. I will post a few more as soon as I get the truck. Then more as I fix it.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot.

I'm also planning on putting a bug deflector on it and a visor. HA and hopefully a cb radio just for kicks. "breaker 1 9er for a radio check."

·
Registered
271 Posts
tint the windows

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I think some 5 percent would look good on there. Good call. Black wheels too. And possibly might switch the hard top to a black one.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
You can paint the hardtop black yourself, and the wheels for that matter. Put some larger tires on, maybe 32-33's, lose the front bumper for something else, it's really killing the looks, and swap out those crap auto hubs. That's a good start. what's the interior like?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
interior is great. I have a black top and manual hubs from my other bronco. I was thinking 35's. I can't wait until Friday to get this thing and go at it. i'll post pictures asap.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally, pictures. The good, the band, and the ugly.

just sprayed it with the hose, that's why it's all wet.

360 view

Now some rust pictures
first both wheel wells, rust is not bad, but still exists.

tailgate has some too

Shot of inside the engine bay. It's really clean considering how old it is.

some interior shots

cool antenna...

broke mirror

Last but not least. As she sits in my driveway.

·
Registered
271 Posts
yea 5 percent wouldnt look bad but we cant have it that dark where i live but, i got 5% in back three windows and 20% on the front two and the vents. got the whole truck done for 100 $ by united solar. get a new cd deck also. just olds and ins to do. i just got mine about 3 months ago so im still going this whole process.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya I have a new head unit from my other bronco. Thinking about actually putting a decent sound system in this. I'm actually not allowed to have 5% tint, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Where I live, no one pulls over a bronco.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Put the XLT bumper on today. Here's the before and after.

Before:

After:

Bumper is a little bit dirty. Could use a little shining, but over all I think it looks way better.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need an opinion. Should I swap the front end (grill and headlights) for black. I have a black grill and headlights with black trim.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'd tint your windows all the same. It looks pretty odd (IMO) to have two different tints on a truck. I've got that on mine right now and I hate it.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the feed back. And I'm definitely tinting all the windows the same. Probably 5 percent all around.

·
Registered
271 Posts
you can tell the differance between my 5% in the back three and 20% up front. only thing i hate about it is since i had facotry tint on the back two sides and it looks kind of mirrorish when the sun hits it right. i hate it. but the bronco is white also.. keep the chrome.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm still trying to sort out how I want to do the motor. I'm trying to decide of I'm going to use my other truck as a donor for this one, or get a new motor. If i use my other truck as a donor, I'll just keep the grill and headlights off it just in case I ever want to switch to black. Thanks for the input. I'm keeping the chrome for now. Need to get some money to do work on this thing.

Any suggestions of things I can do for free to make this thing any better?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts