Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im new to fsb forums but lets see if you can help. I have a 1995 ford bronco xlt and just recently it has stopped starting. It came with a security system that is controlled by a small black box with a flat key on the left side of the kick panel. When the little LED light on the box is off all power is cut even when i turn the key. when it is on i have power but the turn of the key will not engage the starter. Iv tried to bypass the ignition switch by jumping the negative to positive on the coil pack so that i could check for starter operation. When i do this even though it has worked in the past it just cuts all power then the security box goes dead for a unspecified amount of time. Im thinking that its the ignition switch but im not quite sure. IF anyone can help that would be greatly apreciated thanks

·
Chillin on the Gulf Coast
1,593 Posts
Unplug the box and see if the issue goes away. Usually thats the best way to trouble shoot it, especially if the alarm box is easily accessible.

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,255 Posts
When you have power and the light is on try jumping the relay that is mounted on the fender.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i decided to open the black box and see and everything in there is fried so i just yanked it out and reconected the wire for the ignition switch. So after that i could finally get it to start by jumping the starter relay. Now the problem is that it wont start with the turn of the key. I know that the key cylinder is deffinetly gone out because i can take the key out when its started iv also i think that the park neutral switch might be the problem because the shifter is extremly loose and when it did start i would sometimes have to put it in neutral to get the ignition switch to engage the starter. Do you guys think im on the right path? any more suggestions on what to check? thanks guys

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a similar issue, here it goes:

My Bronco, 1995 XLT is at the shop, they are currently working on the theft system it has. Apparently, my theft system has a "parasitic load" and is draining my brand new battery dead.
Has anyone else had this issue?......

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a similar issue, here it goes:

My Bronco, 1995 XLT is at the shop, they are currently working on the theft system it has. Apparently, my theft system has a "parasitic load" and is draining my brand new battery dead.
Has anyone else had this issue?......
YES....and I believe this is my current issue. But I can't really offer no help about it just yet. But my truck still starts...

·
Banned
22,393 Posts
If it's a factory '94-95 Theft system, it should only communicate with the RKE module, monitor the door lock cylinder switches, and interrupt the START circuit from the ignition switch to the starter relay. I've posted the full description several times, so search up those old threads.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Driver door.and theft system...

OMG, I forgot to mention that!...my driver door....it is "sagging" and you have to lift up on it a bt to close it!....I think that is related......thank you!...I am awaiting my call from the shop to be DONE...finally!
I tell tell the "Bronco dude" at my shop what you wrote about this Steve83...and thank you! I will search for those threads!
I love this site! =)
I will let you guys know how it turns out...especially since one of you is going through it now also!
Thx again!!!:rockon

·
Registered
40 Posts
They got it!

The shop called today...they figured out the "parasitic load" and I am pickin her up Monday! I am SO stoked! I gotta ask the perticular mechanic about the details tho....:rockon
The problem is bearing the excitement all weekend....:banghead

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,004 Posts
yea i decided to open the black box and see and everything in there is fried so i just yanked it out and reconected the wire for the ignition switch. So after that i could finally get it to start by jumping the starter relay. Now the problem is that it wont start with the turn of the key. I know that the key cylinder is deffinetly gone out because i can take the key out when its started iv also i think that the park neutral switch might be the problem because the shifter is extremly loose and when it did start i would sometimes have to put it in neutral to get the ignition switch to engage the starter. Do you guys think im on the right path? any more suggestions on what to check? thanks guys
sounds like you have a separate and unrelated issue with your shifter linkage.
I'm dealing with this right now, shifter won't engage into Park and I have to put it in neutral to start.

Did you have your shop fix this as well?
And if so what did they do?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts