Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums up and down for a similar situation and came up emtpy. My issue is the drivers window will roll down as it should, but will NOT roll up. Issue is different because switch is fine, power is going to the motor both directions. When i attempt to roll it up i can hear the motor working, but the window does NOT roll up. I have done the following:
1. ruled out electrical. Power is going to motor both directions.
2. The window is on its track
3. Regulator bracket is in place and ok.
4. attempted to look inside door with panel off to see what is happening when trying to roll up as motor is actuating ok.

Any thoughts?

1995 ford bronco 5.8l EB

·
Registered
9,828 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just did this on my truck. Same thing. One window wouldn't go up and the other would bounce once it got to the top. Replaced all plugs in the motors ($9 at Reilly auto - Dorman product) and everything works like a dream.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Complete and fixed

It was those little plastic rollers that fit between the regulator gear and the gear that is actuated by the motor itself. Overall an easy fix except for getting the three rollers into the gear and then fitting the window regulator gear into place.
1. Remove door panel
2. Find two divots in the metal around window motor
3. Drill out holes at these divots and go up to about 1/2 inch hole.
4. Unbolt three bolts holding window motor. (Two are behind the holes drilled in previous step. one bolt is accessible without drilling a hole. Be very careful to not drop bolts down into the door. I did this and need help with some small hands to fish them out.
5. Remove window motor and remove one screw holding the plate onto window motor.
6. Disconnect snap ring holding regulator gear onto shaft. Remove gear.
7. Remove main gear out of window motor and clean out the inside of the motor housing.
8. At this step you can either reuse the main gear (gear inside housing) or the new one from the kit
8b force the three new rollers into place with the regulator gear into the main gear (this took me longer than every step combined. Very difficult to get them in if using new gear. I had to take a razor blade and trim the edges of the main gear to get them to fit.
9. Grease up gears and inside of housing.
10 re-assemble in reverse

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had to do this with both my windows

Steps above are easy to do. I was able to buy a new motor for $40. I was much happier spending the $30+ extra than trying to fit three new plugs in my old motor. It cut the repair time significantly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts